• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

48 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There’s a couple Cocorahs stations there that do well. Think they had over 200” in 2010-11.  I’d put it at 130-140ish average though. They kinda got relatively skunked this past winter I think with lack of westerly flow events.  Most of the storms seemed to be on SE low level jets.

Thank you!  Heading to dinner in Waterbury.  Michael’s on the Hill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Was a nice rainer . Nothing wild.. nothing heavy .. href was way too wild . You may miss all of it up there. May be Stein time there 

Was? hmm, I didn’t realize this Rainer was over. interested in reading your final tally tomorrow 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Thank you!  Heading to dinner in Waterbury.  Michael’s on the Hill.

Best spot around. Great choice. Last time I was there was an anniversary dinner.

Its funny town is busy, restaurant parking lots packed, forgot why and then your post and I was like oh right, it’s commencement weekend.

Good to dodge the rain so far.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean we all knew that would be localized, but widespread 1-2”, locally 3” will happen for sure. There’s still some good moisture feeding into dews in the low 60s.

This thing’s rain is pretty far west considering the “concern” of it being a SE of 95 only event.

At the very least most can go 7-10 days now before talking and it being dry.

5CAA0800-CC95-46B8-AA9C-E7D9B92B9C51.gif.92b1e64acdc85594173e99f5aa330846.gif

The brunt of it has been over the PGA Championship in Rochester all day. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, psv88 said:

It always rains for phish at jones beach 

The Grateful Dead used to always dial it up a notch for a rain soaked crowd. I imagine Phish and other bands do the same. 
It poured at the 91 Grateful Dead shows at Giants Stadium and they threw down a monster pair of shows. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The Grateful Dead used to always dial it up a notch for a rain soaked crowd. I imagine Phish and other bands do the same. 
It poured at the 91 Grateful Dead shows at Giants Stadium and they threw down a monster pair of shows. 

You don't even know it's raining if you've done enough acid.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Both bands have always been in tune - much more than your standard pop culture act - with their surroundings on any given night. Be it weather, space, history, cultural context- they harness energy through music and anyone who's experienced knows exactly what I mean.

54° RA 1.12" since 3P

• Like 2