• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

43 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Well either the Euro is onto something or on something. I hope it's wrong, we need the rain here. No rain here for almost 2 weeks, it was like mowing the Sahara this week....

I hope so too. What I do find funny is in summer the Euro is tossed and not used.. yet if this was winter folks would be worried sick . It’s not going to be that far off this close in . It may be too far east , but I’d bet it’s more right than wrong 

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I heard people calling in on the radio said they were going for $2,500, is the girl that good? I'd sell them too, no one's worth that much.

No, she and her music is not.  However it is a pop audience, so it's more of a "show" or performance, than reliance on music, anyway.  

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just keep tossing the Euro :lol:

Tough to compare 18z runs to a previous 12z run. We’ll see what the 18z Euro does.

Euro is interesting but hard to toss all the other models, no?  Even in winter when it was on an island most would be leaning towards all the others.

A mean of all models would be a drenching for you.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I can't.  I give up. 

Can only show a horse where the water is but can't make him drink it.  

I used to have a boss that said "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it not stupid".

He evaded your "are you drunk" question.  Beer lunches on a spring/summer Friday is a lock with just about every sales team in every industry. Not knocking it, kinda jealous tbh.

East/west/whatever, looks like I'm getting a beneficial rainfall here which is all I care about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tough to compare 18z runs to a previous 12z run. We’ll see what the 18z Euro does.

Euro is interesting but hard to toss all the other models, no?  Even in winter when it was on an island most would be leaning towards all the others.

A mean of all models would be a drenching for you.

I don’t think it’s correct.. but I do think the heavy rain axis does end up along 95 corridor . That western edge in NC is dead nuts on where Euro has it . Again.. not saying it’s right.. but it should certainly be factored . I’m still thinking .50 or so locally 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think it’s correct.. but I do think the heavy rain axis does end up along 95 corridor . That western edge in NC is dead nuts on where Euro has it . Again.. not saying it’s right.. but it should certainly be factored . I’m still thinking .50 or so locally 

I’ll go 1-1.5” for you. Might as well draw a line for fun. I do think the widespread 2-3” is overkill except for narrow convection.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NYC/NJ folks that jumped all over HREF and HRRR wild runs may end up upset. Just throwing that out there. 

You have an odd obsession over this rain event.

If it was winter you'd have locked in 18"-30" regionwide. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

You have an odd obsession over this rain event.

If it was winter you'd have locked in 18"-30" regionwide. 

You are on record on air with 3” of rain for CT. We are sure hoping you are correct! 
I’ll also note .. all week .. every evening.. you showed the European model animation and qpf on air . And then suddenly tonight .. you didn’t . You showed the HRRR. Interesting .

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are on record on air with 3” of rain for CT. We are sure hoping you are correct! 
I’ll also note .. all week .. every evening.. you showed the European model animation and qpf on air . And then suddenly tonight .. you didn’t . You showed the HRRR. Interesting .

He's in on the conspiracy. Don't trust him.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

lol I said that this was one model depiction and most areas get 1-2" but some areas could see more than 3... just not sure where.

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

.75"?