• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That looks perfect for windows open, maybe some A/C on the 86/53 day?   What a Chamber forecast right there.

Good lord it's been COC after COC and now as far as the weenie can see. I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad we don’t live there. 

lol very willing to share your backyard low temps on these cold nights during the warm season…   make sure to let us know how big of a torch your backyard sees over the next week. Think it cracks 75F?  Maybe at day 8-10?

• Thanks 1

Temp at whitefield Airport was 19 degrees when I checked it around 7am. Lots of frost on the vehicles and grass. I was in Littleton yesterday evening and places like Shaws and Tractor Supply were loading up all the plants on outside display and bringing them in the store. 

Hopefully no more of this for a few months

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Noticed maple leaves (still newish) were wilted this morning

All of mine were like that. Maybe it’s a protective mechanism for them. Guess we’ll see this afternoon. My potted grafted apple and nut trees look zapped. Pawpaws looked ok, but won’t know for sure until after it warms back up this afternoon. 

This has been a remarkable spring for diurnal deltas ...  I've clocked two that were more than 40 degrees, and several in the mid 30s. Today will also be impressive, with at least as much spread as the latter.

30 was the low ...but numerous home sites within a couple clicks of my location ranged down from that to 26.  SO, figure if we get 68 out of today, that's fair enough across the Nashoba Valley for yet a 3rd d(t) spanning 40 degrees. 

Three times amid so many 30+ is a kind of under-the-radar phenomenon in itself. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This has been a remarkable spring for diurnal deltas ...  I've clocked two that were more than 40 degrees, and several in the mid 30s. Today will also be impressive, with at least that much.

30 was the low ...but numerous home sites within a couple clicks of my location ranged down from that to 26.  SO, figure if we get 68 out of today, that's fair enough across the Nashoba Valley for yet a 3rd d(t) spanning 40 degrees. 

That's a kind of under-the-radar phenomenon in itself. 

We're gradually transitioning to a desert climate. the Hadley Cell is playing packman and we're the little balls. Eventually our lush green environment will become poop brown. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1