• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

This happened yesterday too, or something like it... A band of what looks like an MCS only it isn't?  comes racing down.  It put down some light showers in the area around 2:30 to 5 pm ... and left us cleared out for a smoky sun set.  Temps here went from 82 to 71 back to 76... 

This one is just timed earlier in the day.  Looks like it'll clear pretty abruptly and go sun sear sans the smoke on the back side. That's one thing that sticks out on sat.. the smoke seems to be scoured out by that series of weak impulses perhaps. 

So we may rebound rather quickly if/when the bright bursts forth in an hour. But then ... does that small amount of moisture input towers later

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This happened yesterday too, or something like it... A band of what looks like an MCS only it isn't?  comes racing down.  It put down some light showers in the area around 2:30 to 5 pm ... and left us with a smoke sun set.  Temps here went from 82 to 71 back to 76... 

This one is just timed earlier in the day.  Looks like it'll clear pretty abruptly and go sun sear sans the smoke on the back side. That's one thing that sticks out on sat.. the smoke seems to be scoured out by that series of weak impulses perhaps. 

So we may rebound rather quickly if/when the bright bursts forth in an hour. But then ... does that small amount of moisture input towers later

Was a gusty downpour here that brought it down to 67.  My sister said on the Plymouth waterfront a close bolt of lightning scared everyone indoors. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Was a gusty downpour here that brought it down to 67.  My sister said on the Plymouth waterfront a close bolt of lightning scared everyone indoors. 

Lol, bit more than a light shower, huh  -  

Yeah, there was a couple of glaciated toes sticking up over that mass as it evac SE of here and I wondered if there were some cores there.  Not surprised. 

I'm wondering if this morning spuge might leave some theta-e in 850 to 700 mb to help seed towers later?  When the sun comes out - if sat is right - it will burst out with intensity because that looks like a pristine air mass immediately behind.  I imagine that setting as 'summer RH b.o.' melded with lilacs and maple blossoms,  and crispy tower or two.  I love that phase of summer development time of year.

42 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Right now we cloudy with light rain ... heh, at least on radar.

But it is sun stumped cloudy and stuck at 57 - which is above normal for this particular hour, ironically.  Sat loop wants it to blow through in an hour ... but it will retard things.  May have bring 'em down a few clicks if this hangs around much later

Just a short interval and then it's back to COC

We may not get through the +PNA --> +PNAP continent without consequence entirely... 

Next Wednesday with sub 540 hydrostats draped down to LI with Montreal Express circulation synoptics, doesn't exactly inspire summery weather.   LOL ... Looks like it rotates out quickly because already Thursday afternoon tries to recover by some 10 of 15 F for high temperatures. 

That's not bad though considering what the 15th through 23rd looked like it might be whence eval a week ago.  I feel like instead, we're getting off with lesser charges over the original conviction of murder by drowning in shits ... 

By the way, there's an emerging signal for warmer weather after the 22nd ...particularly the 25th of the month. Telecon spread along with "synoptic cadence" suggest that.

It's possible too that as we get closer that trough will shallow out some more ...  I hope.  I don't need another rural Massachusetts conversation in ear shot describing why Trump is being treated unfairly because there's no way climate change is real when it's this cold in May ... completely salient connective reasoning that goes on in these towns west of 495 -

zonk~ :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's possible too that as we get closer that trough will shallow out some more ...  I hope.  I don't need another rural Massachusetts conversation in ear shot describing why Trump is being treated unfairly because there's no way climate change is real when it's this cold in May ... completely salient connective reasoning that goes on in these towns west of 495 -

zonk~ :blink:

So that's why HubbDave has a MAGA sign? 

37 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That was an awesome event. Wasn't much west of 495, but cstl SE MA into especially NE MA and srn NH got crushed.

Was that the storm where RT140 was underwater? I also remember my work parking lot in Norwood was underwater a good 1-2ft. I had always thought it was like 08 or 09, but my memory could be f'dup

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

They name those?

I think so...if it meets certain criteria? Based on what I read from the tweet I saw on Twitter it sounded like it. Said it will go down as the first storm of the year (but maybe I misunderstood). Didn't that storm go warm core for a period?