• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

12 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Plenty of 40s afternoons here, just as had been forecast 4-5 days earlier.  Minima yesterday and the day before did the opposite of the above - weekend forecasts had those mornings for New Sharon at mid-upper 30s, and by Monday it was 32-33.  Since my frost pocket usually about 5° below the GYX forecast for our town, the 28/27 frosts meant the later/colder forecast was the right one.

Well you live in Newfoundland for Christs sake 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I wonder where this May ends up ranking in terms of tornadoes across the county...looks like it will be another historically inactive month. I really miss tornadohistoryproject.com. That was by far and away the best source for tornado data/statistics and was extremely user friendly. I know a group started up tornadoarchive but I don't see of a ay to cipher through data like you could with tornadohistoryproject.  

Send Ian a DM on Twitter 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Every single airmass has warmed as we got closer all spring. Even last week. Been on it for 2 months. That’s why these silly BN maos posted yiu just laugh and toss 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Every single one . Last week was modeled 40’s and it was 50’s and 60’s in the end. Every one 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Again, not true and some of our stuff was in the upper 40s. Worked out well. 

Lol Kevin cmon.

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

24 hours you never went above 50?

Wait… looks like ORH had a high of 48F last week (Thursday or Friday) surrounded by some low-50s.

BOS had a max of 50F and min 44F (would indicate majority of that day was 40s).

And ORH is running high.

It looks like there was absolutely 40s last week in SNE?  All easily verifiable on a phone while at a CVS :lol:.  Spin-master.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Wait… looks like ORH had a high of 48F last week (Thursday or Friday) surrounded by some low-50s.

BOS had a max of 50F and min 44F (would indicate majority of that day was 40s).

And ORH is running high.

It looks like there was absolutely 40s last week in SNE?  All easily verifiable on a phone while at a CVS :lol:.  Spin-master.

Funny how anecdotal memories are so biased.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I’ve been watching that … wondering if another hot burst might be suggested but the antecedent leading circumstance may or may not be like 2021

i feel that anomaly is the result of the signal heat we were originally tracking for ‘after the first week of May’ back in April. Just ended up materializing there… Presently the PNA is negative. 

I would think they will be destroying some records up there, no?

10 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I would think they will be destroying some records up there, no?

Unsure ... I'm not very familiar with the climatology in that region of the continent.  Just in sketch it does seem a bit early to put up 850's in the 22 C range... However, that area has a pretty high surface sigma so ... it may not translate to the same as a 22 C would over BDL or HFD?  

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We summer. Low 58.

Right now we cloudy with light rain ... heh, at least on radar.

But it is sun stumped cloudy and stuck at 57 - which is above normal for this particular hour, ironically.  Sat loop wants it to blow through in an hour ... but it will retard things.  May have bring 'em down a few clicks if this hangs around much later