• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Compelling evidence on both sides. One ECMWF panel snapshot at 240 hours… countered with possibly the worst product ever made by the CPC, showing a <50% chance of above normal temps in the means.

Look at the difference between the 0z euro and the 12, and they are completely diametric at the end of the respective runs. I mean it’s not saying much of day 89 and 10 no - there’s a lot of volatility … more so than normal, even for the extended  

0Z threatens an over the top classic northwest scorching heat conveyor. The 12 Z? Deep freeze coming in the back door.

35 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol…you realize that’s basically the overnight low-maybe 1-2F below normal and probably reaching 65-70 for a high in most places.  That’s of those are correct verbatim.

That’s valid 18z. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

No black flies up this way yet.  They are coming though.

Mount Washington and the Presidential Range looking quite caked above 4,000ft from Mt Mansfield.

Portions of the Town of Stowe in the foreground, and the Presidentials on the horizon 60-70 miles away.

345641806_977355129928791_86624860213816

Amazing pic.  Love the glowing green field in the bottom left.  Such a juxtaposition. 

I really need to get a legit camera...similar views from 60-70mi on the other side of the rock pile today.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Lol…you realize that’s basically the overnight low-maybe 1-2F below normal and probably reaching 65-70 for a high in most places.  That’s of those are correct verbatim.

its a average at best pattern.. perfect for May

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Amazing pic.  Love the glowing green field in the bottom left.  Such a juxtaposition. 

I really need to get a legit camera...similar views from 60-70mi on the other side of the rock pile today.

It strikes me this time of year, and early fall, why the “White Mountain” name fits in NH. The snow line just tickled the “Green Mountains”, where terrain above 4,000ft is pretty much non-existent.  The zone between 4,000 and 6,000ft in NH can be very snowy when an extra couple degrees matter.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I have/had plans to do a big area today but will wait till Fall. A couple smaller areas will get done though

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

If your lawn doesn’t look good right now it never will. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Bye-bye mosquitos hello beach!  

:sizzle:

I trust his forecast more than any computer model...

The local land trust is basically a bunch of 80+ year old Yale Professors of archeology, forestry, history, etc.  They have radiocarbon dated some of the locations he talks about to 12,500 years. 

• Like 1