• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
When will (did) you install/ turn on the AC this year?

Cold Miser

2023 AC Install Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. When do you plan on installing/ turning on AC this year (or have you already done it)?

• March
    • nApril - 1st half
    • nApril - 2nd half
    • May - 1st half
    • May - 2nd half
    • June
    • July
    • Never because I don't use a.c.
    • Never because I have central a.c.
    • I hold off as long as possible, sweating all night long because I am too cheap to turn it on.
    • Other (describe in comments)

AC on track for late May awt- it's moreso the humidity that bugs me a night. I could get by with the windows open for a while..but its game over once the air becomes too soupy/stagnant. I have oil heat, so I haven't turned that on in almost a month..it's been mild enough in the house with temps mostly in the upper 50's and 60's during that time. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, mreaves said:

Well happy to say that I survived installing my two window ac units, not a single drop of sweat spilled. We’ll see when I will actually need them. I did want to get them in before I’m out of town next week. I’d never hear the end of it if I was gone and my wife didn’t have ac in the bedroom. 

I forgot this thread existed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crownweather said:

Just installed the bedroom AC on Saturday.  Tried to hold off until June 1, but the house just holds onto the warmth so it's tough to get indoor temps to drop much at night, even when temps are in the 40s for lows.  

Curious, do you use a window fan?  Down here in the tropics of the Mid-Hudson Valley I installed last week but haven’t needed them yet. Got my upstairs bedroom down to a glorious 61 degrees yesterday morning with the windows open and a window fan, only 64 this morning.  The windows are closed during the day though. 

19 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Curious, do you use a window fan?  Down here in the tropics of the Mid-Hudson Valley I installed last week but haven’t needed them yet. Got my upstairs bedroom down to a glorious 61 degrees yesterday morning with the windows open and a window fan, only 64 this morning.  The windows are closed during the day though. 

I've been using a window fan to bring cool air in during the morning and evening. It works well. And like you I keep the windows closed during the day.

• Like 2

haven't put ours in yet.  probably would have late last week but we really were not home during those hot days except for a few hours.  nights have been cool enough and ceiling fans doing the trick so far.  Looking ahead, they certainly won't be going in this week and I'm loving it.  

1 minute ago, DJln491 said:

haven't put ours in yet.  probably would have late last week but we really were not home during those hot days except for a few hours.  nights have been cool enough and ceiling fans doing the trick so far.  Looking ahead, they certainly won't be going in this week and I'm loving it.  

I installed one last week but I used it for about 15 hours over 2 days. I am also loving not having to run the AC units. 

• Like 1