• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Mornin' weather freaks.  I bottomed out at a crisp 48 last night.  Also added .03" of liquid gold on Saturday to go with my .01" from Friday.  Hey, it's the small victories. Another beautiful week on tap but not much in the way of rain.  Rinse and repeat.

Amazing how much wetter your area is than mine. :) You'll probably have to mow twice this week! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He is the Marysville of Lanco! 

Today will be day #9 since the last grass mow for me. I cannot recall going 9 days without mowing in the May/June time period since my dad started me mowing at 3 years of age. (okay...slight exaggeration...slight) Thing is, it will likely be another full week now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Today will be day #9 since the last grass mow for me. I cannot recall going 9 days without mowing in the May/June time period since my dad started me mowing at 3 years of age. (okay...slight exaggeration...slight) Thing is, it will likely be another full week now. 

I took the weed wacker out yesterday and cut down some weird growth weeds but no mowing like you.    Speaking of weeds, they are going to have a "hay day" this year with my grass being damaged/thinned out. 

On Mow # 7 and NOT counting.  Eyes toward our Tue, Thur and Sun rain chances. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Any model that produces rain right now is my herro. 

It may be one of those situations where BAM, it happens when we least expect it.  I LOVE those types of situations where we MAX out the moisture.  I just hope no one gets any rain in their ZELLERS because it can be a big HASLEM to get water out of a house unless you have a BUTLER to do. 

• Haha 1

I can't believe storms moving ssw produced the worst storm damages than any storm in last 5 years. I'm thinking that maybe because of the unquie wind direction it was able to take advantage of a lot weak areas of trees, poles, etc that previous storm going more the west to east direction could not.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I can't believe storms moving ssw produced the worst storm damages than any storm in last 5 years. I'm thinking that maybe because of the unquie wind direction it was able to take advantage of a lot weak areas of trees, poles, etc that previous storm going more the west to east direction could not.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It was weird shear wind too - the airports I don't think got above 25 mph Saturday. Wind at my house wasn't anything too crazy - it was strong but not unlike any run of the mill March windy day.

But the way the trees, poles and billboard twisted - very unusual. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I miss mowing. i have been driving my John Deere up and down the road. I don't want it to feel neglected

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, canderson said:

It was weird shear wind too - the airports I don't think got above 25 mph Saturday. Wind at my house wasn't anything too crazy - it was strong but not unlike any run of the mill March windy day.

But the way the trees, poles and billboard twisted - very unusual. 

The winds seemed more microburst like than normal straight line winds

54 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sun and 74. 

Every day in June that's in the 70s/low 80s is one less day that's in the 90s.

Not very profound I realize but it helps me prepare for the upcoming heat better. 

We will be at June 10 with only 2 or 3 miserable days this year and no real humidity. It’s an absolute win despite the lack of precip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I miss mowing. i have been driving my John Deere up and down the road. I don't want it to feel neglected

On my neighbors zero turn. Just follow the dust cloud to see where he is mowing :lol:

Pretty sad...

Humidity has been great, except for a few days.

Been getting that weird flow. 

• Haha 1

The latest HRRR suggests a plume of extremely dense smoke is going to settle into New York and Pennsylvania tomorrow. The smoke will be both aloft and at the surface, with forecast surface visibilities of 1-3 miles tomorrow afternoon. I wonder if we will see the issuance of dense smoke advisories due to the visibility restriction?

00503793-C779-46E3-B6ED-C4A61FBBEAB7.png.caaaa49be7e72183e8a7949c71aae05e.png

• Thanks 1

I'm amazed. Fire danger is high. Talk of dry thunderstorms. Dense smoke from wildfires. These are all normally conditions that are confined to arid west, and they're currently plaguing Pennsylvania. 

Who'd have thought my moving to Arizona would change the climate that much?

:yikes: :lol:

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm amazed. Fire danger is high. Talk of dry thunderstorms. Dense smoke from wildfires. These are all normally conditions that are confined to arid west, and they're currently plaguing Pennsylvania. 

Nothing says fail like a dry thunderstorm.  Maybe sunny snowstorm.

29 minutes ago, Voyager said:

The guys on this forum are getting ready to go find you and bring you back. Your absence from Pa. has turned our climate upside down. 

• Haha 1

Low of 53 at my house.  Man, @canderson wasn't kidding about the damage in Harrisburg from that hail storm this past weekend.  On my walk through the capital complex this morning there were tons of limbs and leaves down everywhere.  Keeping fingers crossed for someone to get lucky with some storms this afternoon.  

• Like 2

Some smoke (from Quebec) has been drifting across our area. This will continue peaking this evening before some improvement tomorrow. There is a small chance of a shower today but not likely, Near normal temps for the rest of the week before warming to above normal by the weekend. There continues to be some signs of a pattern change starting Sunday that may lead us to more typical rain pattern across the county.
Records for today: High 99 (1899) / Low 38 (1958) / Rain 2.65" (1928)
image.png.1f5030642b06010da0870cab93582bdc.png

57 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

The guys on this forum are getting ready to go find you and bring you back. Your absence from Pa. has turned our climate upside down. 

I know it did. Winter, spring, and now summer. I'm almost afraid to come back as there'll probably be a call for a lynching...lol

• Haha 2

It looks like most of the Meso's are on board with at least some level of storm activity this afternoon, albeit fairly spotty, with the 3km NAM being the most vigorous.  @TheClimateChanger wasn't messing around with his smoke warnings for tomorrow.  Check out the latest near-surface plume forecast for tomorrow evening on the 12z HRRR.  Not great Bob, not great at all.  Keep those windows closed tomorrow night.

smoke_sfc.us_ne.png