• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2023

Through Tue on the Nam.  Some from Mon.    We are going to be the very top of the circulation of a stalled/decaying low so anything is on the board...from nothing to a rain out.  The UK has a somewhat similar depiction. 

Capture.JPG.9ca5dadf70a0c3134e4ab2d5178e4ef4.JPG
The NAM is by itself

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Talking about a terrible shot turned into a miracle.  That was on the level of Lorenzo Charles in 1983 with the Wolfpack. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Add HRRR to the rain parade for tomorrow with scattered showers across the LSV, south of Harrisburg, much of the afternoon into Tue.  

Wish it would get nudged further north.

Today will be the 11th day in the last 14 days with below normal temps across the area. We get closer to normal temps over the next couple days with the warmest day so far this year possible by this coming Friday. Some lower spots and southern sections of the county could even see a 90 degree reading.
We look likely to finish with the 2nd driest May since 1894. Only 1964 with 0.14" featured less rain. Of note today is the latest recorded day with a below freezing temperature with 32 degrees way back in 1927.
Records for today: High 94 (1941) / Low 32 (1927) / Rain 2.94" (1968)
image.png.1ba61662e978f45cecbdfb0e213f4225.png

We need rain! 
In all seriousness, I am currently a little concerned about the drought situation…
Lets set the dry month record this week & then let’s get some rain!
Only possible rain I see isn't until June 6th

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I know it's been a hot minute since I've been in the forum (Winter did not help the potential this past year....). All that said, I wanted to pass along some great news;

I have accepted an offer to be a new QPF/Winter Forecaster for the Weather Prediction Center in College Park, MD bringing me back to the Mid-Atlantic! I will try not to be a stranger and even try to visit PA more in the future. Plus, I can pass along information that's available to the public for y'all to see and offer my thoughts when storms arise. 

Hope everyone is doing well and look forward to coming back home :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey guys! I know it's been a hot minute since I've been in the forum (Winter did not help the potential this past year....). All that said, I wanted to pass along some great news;

I have accepted an offer to be a new QPF/Winter Forecaster for the Weather Prediction Center in College Park, MD bringing me back to the Mid-Atlantic! I will try not to be a stranger and even try to visit PA more in the future. Plus, I can pass along information that's available to the public for y'all to see and offer my thoughts when storms arise. 

Congrats on your new position. Looking forward to some insider info whether here or the MA board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

That is awesome! I was following your journey in the MA thread over the past few months and was wondering how you made out. Congratulations to you!

• Like 1

Congrats, and welcome back home!

• Like 1

Way to go!   Welcome back to the snow hole !

• Haha 1