• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2023

Dry as a bone is the name of the game.  Absolutely nothing on tap.  I'm going to mow today but things may slow down after that.  On the plus side, it's going to make for one heck of a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.  A couple of interesting culprits that I'm not sure I've ever seen before in the national high/low hunt -- 104 at Elroy, AZ and 19 at Canada Creek Ranch, MI.  Have a heck of a holiday, everyone!

• Like 2

Another dry and cooler than normal day across the County today. We warm to near normal tomorrow to above normal temps on Memorial Day. It looks likely that we see a brief warm up to above normal temps to start the first 2 days of June before another stretch of below normal temps set in by next Sunday. Unfortunately very little chance of any meaningful rain with the slight chance of a shower across southern sections by Sunday night.
Records for today: High 93 (1914) / Low 35 (1972) / Rain 1.84" (2003)
image.png.c3363b753cd79dc2599adb4b5f36c71f.png
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

38 this morning. 

43 here this Am.  Pillow/your area has had quite the lot of 30's recently.   I got up early to water part of the yard hoping it will soak in better than it did yesterday evening.   Looking dire for rain up that far north.   Progs keeping most of it in the southern LSV. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

43 here this Am.  Pillow/your area has had quite the lot of 30's recently.   I got up early to water part of the yard hoping it will soak in better than it did yesterday evening.   Looking dire for rain up that far north.   Progs keeping most of it in the southern LSV. 

I'm gonna have to set up the pump to pump water out of the creek to irrigate my garden.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I'm gonna have to set up the pump to pump water out of the creek to irrigate my garden.

As much work as that sounds, you are lucky to have the option.  Its just hoses for me.   I might put in an irrigation system for the yard.  This is getting old and is seemingly like this every year albeit it extremely early this summer.   The lack of rain is on and off through the year, but the sun (and its drying) is more than I ever remember it 10-20 years ago and the wind tacks on to the dry. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

As much work as that sounds, you are lucky to have the option.  Its just hoses for me.   I might put in an irrigation system for the yard.  This is getting old and is seemingly like this every year albeit it extremely early this summer.   The lack of rain is on and off through the year, but the sun (and its drying) is more than I ever remember it 10-20 years ago and the wind tacks on to the dry. 

Yes its a pain to set up. Then you gotta move sprinklers around. Get muddy, dirty, wet and sometimes soaked doin this.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And being early this year the (lack of rain) should have us all concerned.

This morning's low's in the low to mid 40's were almost 10 degrees cooler than we should be as we close out May. If the month ended today this would be the 13th coldest May with 130 years of weather records for the county. Below normal temperatures look likely to continue through Tuesday with the exception of Monday with temps near normal. A strong warming trend looks likely by the end of the week with temps in the low to mid 80's. Unfortunately no rain is on tap the entire week.
Records for today: High 95 (1914) / Low 35 (1930) / Rain 1.89" (1973)
image.png.11f14534ff1a97c4f058bd9270025429.png

Some 12z runs are quite rainy as we go through Monday...even northern Lsv into the evening.  See a lot of no rain posts but still a decent chance as the period comes into better focus of the meso's
How depressed are temperatures?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

74 beautiful degrees in 'Ville West.   The Nam depiction of total rain the next 2-3 days is crazy.  2"+ in western LSV, 1" at MDT.  Something to watch at 18Z.  

It seems Tuesday into Wednesday would be time period

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

74 beautiful degrees in 'Ville West.   The Nam depiction of total rain the next 2-3 days is crazy.  2"+ in western LSV, 1" at MDT.  Something to watch at 18Z.  

Thanks for the updates 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

It seems Tuesday into Wednesday would be time period

It starts in the Western LSV Monday but it could be a whole bunch of nothing.   Not much support yet.    It is still there at 18Z but muted a bit.   That (fail) whale high/Large and in Charge per WGAL is a beast. 

It starts in the Western LSV Monday but it could be a whole bunch of nothing.   Not much support yet.    It is still there at 18Z but muted a bit.   That (fail) whale high/Large in in Charge per WGAL is a beast. 
I can definitely see us losing the record due to some random that dumps only on the airport