• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yep, some cool nights should help mitigate the plus departures.  It will be a slow slog back to normal but I do think it's likely we eventually get there, even if it takes all month. 

I had not looked at the LR models much but did not see a ton of AN highs on the GFS (saw more on the CMC).   Saw some early next week but then back into the 60's for highs.   I have been busy this week so not checking until now.  So may still be some cold nights to go.  Maybe not, who knows.   I think a surprise Frost is coming for some in the LSV this weekend (to include Friday AM as one of the possible mornings). 

Some lower spots dipped into the 30's this morning. That could well be the last temp that low till October. It looks like we have 2 more below normal temperature days today and tomorrow before we warm to normal Sunday and above normal on Monday.
Records for today: High 90 (1919) / Low 28 (1926) / Rain 1.49" (2019)
image.png.67067b7958abd327aa164368e227a525.png
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago it was sunny and 70 degrees.  Then dark clouds rolled in and dropped it to 61.  I checked the radar, and to my amazement, there are lake effect bands coming down from my northwest.  Even bands making it all the way east to NJ!  More crazy stuff.  I'm still running my heat at night into early morning.  If lows drop down into the low to mid 40's, the heat will continue to run.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

30 minutes ago it was sunny and 70 degrees.  Then dark clouds rolled in and dropped it to 61.  I checked the radar, and to my amazement, there are lake effect bands coming down from my northwest.  Even bands making it all the way east to NJ!  More crazy stuff.  I'm still running my heat at night into early morning.  If lows drop down into the low to mid 40's, the heat will continue to run.

I bet we see some 30's in colder spots tomorrow AM. 

47 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This will be gone next run but wow, highs in the low 40's in mid to late May.  THAT is super anomalous.

Capture.JPG

Not that I'm reveling in it, but it would be fitting that after such a mild, snowless winter, you'd get such shitty late spring weather. 

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Not that I'm reveling in it, but it would be fitting that after such a mild, snowless winter, you'd get such shitty late spring weather. 

We have been below normal 13 days in a row now with another one seemingly on tap today with MDT's low being 6 or 7 BN this AM.  Will take a really hot high to overcome that...80ish.  Not that this is shitty weather though.  It's a beaut!  .  If it stays around 42 on May 19th, yes...wow.  No one betting on that.  LOL.  

Today will be our 13th but last below normal day in a row. However, we will be close to our normal high temperature of 67 degrees. Both Sunday and Monday look to be slightly above normal temps but with some shower chances returning by Monday night. We should see temps cool to below normal again by mid-week.
Records for today: High 91 (1934)/ Low 30 (1968) / Rain 1.57" (1989)
image.png.9055f1296858009551826000d6a64cfd.png

Not ready to bite but still worth mentioning...several suites suggest MDT MAY make a run at 20 days BN in a row or maybe 18/19 out of 20.   What looked like slam dunk warm days Sun and Mon and wavering a bit.  Some suites do have it getting into the mid 70's tomorrow so a bit of a spilt.   GFS has one AN normal day out of the next 6-7.   Rain also arriving earlier tomorrow on some suites so today is the mow day!  LOL. 

• Like 1

A mild 51 here this AM.  GFS continues to promote more BN days than Normal or Above through its entire run.  An afternoon high in the upper 40's and low 50's this Tuesday.  The EC and Canadian are milder on Tue while the Icon and Nam both support the 20 BN daytime temps. 

MDT easily scored another BN day yesterday running their streak to 14 but faces a chance of having one of the next two days slipping AN before the potential Tuesday chill due to an Easterly flow from a low scooting by to the south.   MDT already has a 46 or 47 in the books for today so the high will need to get above 74 or 75 to get it too normal or above.  They now stand at 7.8 degrees below normal for the month with an average temp below 52!   

The norms for today are 71 and 50.   Many of the days during this extended BN run have featured the lows leading the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A mild 51 here this AM.  GFS continues to promote more BN days than Normal or Above through its entire run.  An afternoon high in the upper 40's and low 50's this Tuesday.  The EC and Canadian are milder on Tue while the Icon and Nam both support the 20 BN daytime temps.  MDT easily scored another BN day yesterday running their streak to 14 but faces a chance of having one of the next two days slipping AN before the potential Tuesday chill due to an Easterly flow from a low scooting by to the south.   MDT already has a 46 or 47 in the books for today so the high will need to get above 74 or 75 to get it too normal or above.  They now stand at 7.8 degrees below normal for the month with an average temp below 52!   The norms for today are 71 and 50.   Many of the days during this extended BN run have featured the lows leading the way. 

Voyager took the winter away from us, now he's robbing us of the warmth also.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Voyager took the winter away from us, now he's robbing us of the warmth also.

The warmth is coming, just a BN stretch.  The GFS has some warm days sprinkled in and lets face it, mid 70's will be normal in a week and mid 70's is not cool.  But if we are ranting, damn you Voyager!  LOL. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS-what was your low this AM?  MDT jumped up well before sunrise.    Low 40's?   It stayed in the upper 40's here. 

39.0 was my low this morning. Just seems to cold for this time of year. I want to plant some sweet corn, but I'm not to sure about it sprouting. The soil temp needs to be 50 or above to grow. I'm kind of hesitant on planting. But if we have a stretch of warmth coming up between today till the next 10 days then it could be plausible to plant.