• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

With little sun I will not be cutting again this week so no need to worry about me catching you in any manner :-).  The last month of Spring is taking it to us. 

You might very well catch and pass "me" this month as I'll be traveling for 23 days beginning on Saturday. Rest assured, family will be stepping in to keep the mow count growing. LOL 

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You might very well catch and pass "me" this month as I'll be traveling for 23 days beginning on Saturday. Rest assured, family will be stepping in to keep the mow count growing. LOL 

I doubt I mow more than 4-5 times so I am not sure I catch you regardless if you count the fam.  LOL.  

• Haha 1

The near 4800’ peak just south of Canaan Valley State Park, WV (aka Mount Porte Crayon) doing it’s best Mammoth Mountain impression on the zones.

692237504_7-DayForecast38.92N79_46W.thumb.png.9dec8da3b855044ad91f5d6651402e5f.png

This is the kind of setup (prolonged post storm cyclonic flow upslope event) that has been missing quite often for what seems like the last 5+ winters and is a prime driver in those snow departure maps that were shared around during the winter such as this one below showing one of the biggest departures anywhere in the eastern US (inch wise and also percentage of average) in these very areas. This setup occurring in the middle of winter would have likely yielded a long duration 1-2’ type upslope event just in the Laurel’s at their elevations. 

image.thumb.png.6ea0687cdd21299877a46951ae876323.png

I know one of these maps were floating around that incorporated the last few winters back to 19/20 but it’s the same general theme for the Laurel’s/Alleghenies. These type of upslope events via this setup are a major part of what gets the higher elevations and ski resorts of that region their high snow averages (>150”). 

• Like 3

If I remember right, a few of you did "predict" wintry weather for May back when it was actually "supposed" to be winter.
People should pray we don't get a redux of this in June. Imagine 5 days with a temperature range from 55-64 and rain

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

What route are you taking?

California Zephyr westbound from Chicago to San Francisco, then the Texas Eagle eastbound from Los Angeles to Chicago. A series of routes from Mount Joy out to Chicago and back. We'll be renting a car to drive the Pacific Coast highway south from SF along the coast. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

California Zephyr westbound from Chicago to San Francisco, then the Texas Eagle eastbound from Los Angeles to Chicago. A series of routes from Mount Joy out to Chicago and back. We'll be renting a car to drive the Pacific Coast highway south from SF along the coast. 

I took the Zephyr or similar route once.    The stop in Denver (30 min) was pretty fantastic at the time.  Not sure how it is now. 

• Like 1

Sounds amazing. How long is the Chicago to San Francisco leg and the la to Chicago?

30 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Can anyone please send me the link to the drought monitor map… I have a friend that is still very concerned…

Your friend usually goes away during the summer but here you go.  The areas of the LSV still in D0 or D1 will be out Thursday.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Northeast

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That sounds like an awesome trip!

How much snow is still on the ground now near Mammoth?