• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I responded to him as well. The difference was he asked a legitimate question and you came across as sarcastic. 

We do sarcasm well on here pretty much all day everyday!

I’m going to go check the 18z snow maps to see if anything is showing yet for Palmyra.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

We do sarcasm well on here pretty much all day everyday!

I’m going to go check the 18z snow maps to see if anything is showing yet for Palmyra.

I dish sarcasm with the best, no doubt. Having said that, I take a lot of pride in my numbers and it seemed like you were doubting them. I do not over or underreport data.

Moving on now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2" of rain is much appreciated but today was nothing like what was forecast.

I don’t know how accurate the iweather.net digital radar is but it’s showing .65 for the past 24 hours and a total of 1.47 for the past 72, which is probably pretty accurate. We always seem to have lower rainfall totals than elsewhere in the LSV. 

Guess some of us will still have to keep our fingers crossed for more rain in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I dish sarcasm with the best, no doubt. Having said that, I take a lot of pride in my numbers and it seemed like you were doubting them. I do not over or underreport data.

Moving on now.

I know that you take great care to report accurate temps & precip.

MDT is the only place that underreports data…namely snow totals…!

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A lot of under 1" totals in the Western LSV and bordering areas as well as Eastern York.

Sure is, and the .87" east of York city and the .93" in E-town lines up perfectly with the .89" that I reported as I fall between those 2 points exactly how the bands were oriented yesterday. 

• Like 1

Any of those 0.0 or .01 totals are most likely bad equipment.  Many of these are home devices reporting. 
Yeah no shit hahaha.

I imagine that device is at the campground and probably just barely on.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My final tally from yesterday is exactly 1.00", most of which fell in a beautiful ground-soaking light to moderate form.  My three-day total is 2.32" of glorious drought-busting H2O, which IMO, in aggregate, was very well modeled for the most part.  That total doesn't even include the .7" I received last Wednesday.  If it weren't for these abnormally low temps to start the month the grass would be humming this week.  As it is, I expect the mowers to be out in full force by the end of the week.  Speaking of cool temps, the records for lowest high temp for May 2/3 are 50/49 -- something to keep an eye on.  Also curious to see if these snow showers in the coming days can lay anything down in some unsuspecting parts.  Fun times.  Enjoy the week ahead, everyone. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I don't think here where I'm at I'm in drought anymore for now. The "winter springs" are open everywhere here and flowing. The rain on Friday .43 plus yesterday's 2.87 did wonders.

I do not think you were ever in a drought, just D0.  I will be sure the get the drought map up asap on Thursday.

• Like 1