Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2023

26 minutes ago, canderson said:

2.6” so far and still raining today. 

The models moving the big rains east had the right idea.  We have only had slightly over 1/2" since Saturday AM...much to the chagrin of Blizz as he was hoping for a drought buster in Rou :-).   We still have next week and the rains/snows forecast.  

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The models moving the big rains east had the right idea.  We have only had slightly over 1/2" since Saturday AM...much to the chagrin of Blizz as he was hoping for a drought buster in Rou :-).   We still have next week and the rains/snows forecast.  

2" of rain is much appreciated but today was nothing like what was forecast.

• Like 1

Looks like not much qpf next week

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If my station in Tamaqua is still measuring correctly we (they) got 2.33" so far today and 3.35" for the entire event. Still raining at a half inch per hour rate, so those numbers will likely increase. 

Meanwhile, here in the desert...

Screenshot_20230430_170802_Firefox.jpg

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

2.14 in Mount Joy which is close to you. Is the weather station not recording properly?

Is that for the day or since Friday?

I'm currently at .89" for the day, 2.30" since Friday. I believe my station is accurate. I was within a couple hundredths of an inch of @Mount Joy Snowmanfrom his last report earlier today.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

1.85 today at MDT as of the 5 pm climate summary.

The drought monitor map should look much different at the next update…except for localized areas like Rouzerville & Maytown.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

On the other hand LNS only is showing .68 today through the last hour update.

And .89" in Maytown and you can question that all you want. My station and my report from the station are honest and accurate.

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm currently at .89" for the day, 2.30" since Friday. I believe my station is accurate. I was within a couple hundredths of an inch of @Mount Joy Snowmanfrom his last report earlier today.

We were the winners out here Friday day then you scored big Friday night and now some of the northern Lsv and surrounding areas did well today.  We all won.  A big push back from the dry start to the year.  People who understand hydrology know how to interpret our results.  Do not worry about the anti-drought crowd.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We were the winners out here Friday day then you scored big Friday night and now some of the northern Lsv and surrounding areas did well today.  We all won.  A big push back from the dry start to the year.  People who understand hydrology know how to interpret our results.  Do not worry about the anti-drought crowd.

Unlike Friday's stratiform coverage of rain, today there were numerous bands oriented south to north. Shoot, MDT had nearly 1" of rain before the first drops fell here. You and I are not the only ones under 1" for the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Unlike Friday's stratiform coverage of rain, today there were numerous bands oriented south to north. Shoot, MDT had nearly 1" of rain before the first drops fell here. You and I are not the only ones under 1" for the day.

Not at all, just the two being talked about at the Marysville VFW tonight.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Like I said, the current south to north band is just dumping on Tamaqua. 

2.57" today, and 3.70" for the event now.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah I had the same thought, that obviously Friday was included in his total. All the stations around here are right around an inch for the day or even a bit under. I’ll grab my final tally in the morning but i know at last daylight i was probably only .8-.9ish, glancing from afar. 

• Thanks 1