• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2023

8 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

There's still time to get er done. Don't waste an opportunity to mow. Remember you got some catching up to do. Your behind on the leaderboard. So any kind of mow could  propel you eventually throughout the season to first place.:weight_lift: Remember what is at stake here.

I mowed Wed so did not have to yet but was thinking this would be a no chance to mow weekend while I could have today if needed.   There is no way, no how that I am catching ITT.  That would be like saying I have my AC on as much as he does so basically a bunch of poppycock.   So, I am going into May at 3.   Some of the people who sort of mocked the mow count over the winter are probably dreading their mows but we love them so we can add to the board. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Could have mowed over here today.  Partly Cloudy and 65.  Hit 70 before I left Frederick (down there). 

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

There's still time to get er done. Don't waste an opportunity to mow. Remember you got some catching up to do. Your behind on the leaderboard. So any kind of mow could  propel you eventually throughout the season to first place.:weight_lift: Remember what is at stake here.

ITT got 'er done! Mark me down for #8!

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Where’s @paweather ?!

May snow for parts of northwest CTP is on the table over the next few days.

The 3 major globals each show the snow.

930810A0-7258-47BE-8A2C-C64C3F842EC5.png

5B0DE61D-7819-46F2-A069-EE67BC7E7633.png

A8EC5EFD-08E9-414E-994D-0F256F42A061.png

Mag had dropped in for one of his periodical visits and flipped through the pages of the models to read us in.  But good stuff either way.  

MDT stands tied for the third/fourth warmest April ever coming in to today (57.1 degrees.)  1 and 2 are out of reach so the question remains whether it holds at the tie for 3/4 or takes over 3 with any slight upward push (doubtful based on models) or if it drops down a bit which could see it tumble down to the 6/7/8 area just by shaving off .3 or .4 degrees.    The HRRR has MDT getting to 58ish and falling to the upper 40's by midnight. If that plays out it will probably fall to ole holder of 4 or a 4/5/6 tie with a .1 or .2 drop.   I did not do the math so MJS should be along shortly to grade. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT stands tied for the third/fourth warmest April ever coming in to today (57.1 degrees.)  1 and 2 are out of reach so the question remains whether it holds at the tie for 3/4 or takes over 3 with any slight upward push (doubtful based on models) or if it drops down a bit which could see it tumble down to the 6/7/8 area just by shaving off .3 or .4 degrees.    The HRRR has MDT getting to 58ish and falling to the upper 40's by midnight. If that plays out it will probably fall to ole holder of 4 or a 4/5/6 tie with a .1 or .2 drop.   I did not do the math so MJS should be along shortly to grade. 

I planned on diving in on this tomorrow but yeah holding steady at 57.1 and a tie for third seems likely or perhaps another .1 drop to 57.0 and alone in fourth place. Nothing more than that will be possible as the average temp of 55ish for today shouldn't move the needle much. 

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I planned on diving in on this tomorrow but yeah holding steady at 57.1 and a tie for third seems likely or perhaps another .1 drop to 57.0 and alone in fourth place. Nothing more than that will be possible as the average temp of 55ish for today shouldn't move the needle much. 

If MDT gets down to 48 and has a high of 58 that is an average of 53 so waiting it out.  LOL.   MDT has already hit 52 or 51 today so it needs to get to 58 just to get that 55 average. 

50 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If MDT gets down to 48 and has a high of 58 that is an average of 53 so waiting it out.  LOL.   MDT has already hit 52 or 51 today so it needs to get to 58 just to get that 55 average. 

Well the NWS still shows a high of 61 later. Who knows if that will actually happen but it’s what I was going off of. Even an average of 53 would only drop the monthly average .1 degree at this point. We are the only two people in the world haggling over whether a tenth of a degree difference puts us in 3rd or 4th place in the books haha. 

• Like 1

Flood Watch

Flood Watch
National Weather Service State College PA
831 AM EDT Sun Apr 30 2023

PAZ028-041-042-046-049>053-056>059-063>066-302215-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FA.A.0001.230430T1231Z-230501T0000Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Juniata-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-
Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-
Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Lebanon, Laporte, Lancaster, Bloomsburg,
Hershey, Harrisburg, Danville, Sunbury, Berwick, Carlisle,
Gettysburg, York, Lewisburg, Shamokin, Newport, Selinsgrove,
Williamsport, Pottsville, Mifflintown, and Trout Run
831 AM EDT Sun Apr 30 2023

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...

* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...A portion of central Pennsylvania, including the following
  areas, Adams, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Juniata, Lancaster,
  Lebanon, Montour, Northern Lycoming, Northumberland, Perry,
  Schuylkill, Snyder, Southern Lycoming, Sullivan, Union and York.

* WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT this evening.

* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
  creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
  Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
  - Rain has been heavy overnight over much of the area, and
    additional rain of up to 2 inches is expected to fall through
    the daylight hours.
  - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood