Today in Central PA:

Weather: Check

Amish..."stories": Check

Outdated Technology: Check

Physical Conditioning at Church Camp: Check

Topical Ointment for Old Dudes: Check

Movie Flashback w/ Kelly Mcgillis: Check

Historical Tribute to 911: Check

This will all make great fodder for next edition of "A Day in the Central PA" thread...

I did a Dunkin run this morning...

• Haha 1

I did a Dunkin run this morning...
Dunkin Run is what happens at 3:30 AM when all the 7s finally paired up and you're left with the decision to get some or play another sad ass round of five knuckle shuffle, but you's also an observant and have to be home and rested before Divine Liturgy so you ain't staying.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

Dunkin Run is what happens at 3:30 AM when all the 7s finally paired up and you're left with the decision to get some or play another sad ass round of five knuckle shuffle, but you's also an observant and have to be home and rested before Divine Liturgy so you ain't staying.

Bro. Dead

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Exactly. Temp was 56 here at midnight and is down to 47 now. Up to .87" of rain for the day.

The midnight highs have very much exaggerated the warmth this year.  It has obviously been bad cold wise but the dozen or so midnight highs recently make it seem even worse that it really was.   With that said if the temps stays in the mid 40's until midnight tonight, the April average will be taking another downward move tomorrow AM.  

Lol I can’t believe I’m going to be that guy, but the highly anomalous deep upper level low that will be anchored over the Lakes/NE during the first half of next week means business. Classic case of where was this pattern three months ago?

image.thumb.png.b0e23bfd1b69a4057ce4f0db51528c97.png

Usual snowmap and springtime caveats apply. I used Kuchera here, which applied notably below 10:1 ratios. The 10:1 map had widespread 6” or so in Cambria/Somerset. 

Tuesday into Wed seems to be the primary period for this potential. 850 and 700mb temps are very cold (down to -5ºC @850mb and -10 to -12 @700mb). 925s are marginal, and suggest flake potential remains higher in the Laurels/NW mountains and not much anywhere else. Good chance of seeing some kind of accums above 2k feet or so. Could definitely see some grapuel showers anywhere else in central PA  given the very cold temps aloft. 

• Like 2

Just now, MAG5035 said:

Lol I can’t believe I’m going to be that guy, but the highly anomalous deep upper level low that will be anchored over the Lakes/NE during the first half of next week means business. Classic case of where was this pattern three months ago?

Tuesday into Wed seems to be the primary period for this potential. 850 and 700mb temps are very cold (down to -5ºC @850mb and -10 to -12 @700mb). 925s are marginal, and suggest flake potential remains higher in the Laurels/NW mountains and not much anywhere else. Good chance of seeing some kind of accums above 2k feet or so. Could definitely see some grapuel showers anywhere else in central PA  given the very cold temps aloft. 

Road trip to WV…?

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The midnight highs have very much exaggerated the warmth this year.  It has obviously been bad cold wise but the dozen or so midnight highs recently make it seem even worse that it really was.   With that said if the temps stays in the mid 40's until midnight tonight, the April average will be taking another downward move tomorrow AM.  

Very good point.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

It is indeed raw. East winds here are very rare and it’s blowing hard.  

It is very windy - wind is often overforecasted but not this time.

Usual snowmap and springtime caveats apply. I used Kuchera here, which applied notably below 10:1 ratios. The 10:1 map had widespread 6” or so in Cambria/Somerset. 

I'll go nuclear. Absolutely nuclear.

We’re just living vicariously through slutty Amish memories. 
She was really a nasty freak. She just loved to get down with... sex all the time. It was like... anytime of day, she was like, "Yeah, let's go! I'm so nasty!" And I'd be nailing her and she'd be like, "Oh, you're nailing me! Cool!"

• Like 1