• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2023

1 hour ago, pawatch said:

28 degrees this morning. These cold starts is growing old.

34 here this morning, which is just 2 degrees below normal. Our normal high for the date is 59, so today will likely end up AN for the day. Again, just speaking for my local area.

I'm enjoying these chilly mornings before they're a distant memory. :)  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

34 here this morning, which is just 2 degrees below normal. Our normal high for the date is 59, so today will likely end up AN for the day. Again, just speaking for my local area.

I'm enjoying these chilly mornings before they're a distant memory. :)  

Are those your normals?  MDT is 3-4 higher on both.   I do not keep my normals own here, that is intense record keeping. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Are those your normals?  MDT is 3-4 higher on both.   I do not keep my normals own here, that is intense record keeping. 

Thanks for calling this out - those numbers are today's normals at MU. Today's historical average low of 36 is a degree lower than the previous several days. I think the normal high of 59 is the same over a 4-5 day stretch that ends tomorrow - Wednesday's average high at MU climbs to 60.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks for calling this out - those numbers are today's normals at MU. Today's historical average low of 36 is a degree lower than the previous several days. I think the normal high of 59 is the same over a 4-5 day stretch that ends tomorrow - Wednesday's average high at MU climbs to 60.

LOL, well I was not trying to call you out I was curious if you had your actual average for Maytown figured out.  I knew you did not make a mistake.  I remembered seeing MDT was in the 40's now so this stretch of the last few days lowered them down into the 4's as to the AN number so far.  Going to go back up later this week though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Actually, today's normal high of 59 comes in the midst of a several day period where the normal high is 60. It was 60 on Friday and Saturday and returns to 60 tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Good morning lads.  What a wonderful Easter Sunday it was.  Can't draw them up much better than that.  My toddler had a great time on some easter egg hunts and the adults got in some lively games of croquet and cornhole.  Now we're off to the races with the heat until early next week, at which point it appears it will be muted but we'll see what the extended forecast brings.  In any case, high and dry seems to be the theme around here for the foreseeable future.  Hope everyone had a great holiday.  Onward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Actually, today's normal high of 59 comes in the midst of a several day period where the normal high is 60. It was 60 on Friday and Saturday and returns to 60 tomorrow. 

That would be an average (arithmetic mean) high. Normal highs are smoothed or "normalized" throughout the calendar year to produce a continuous pattern of rising or falling temperatures.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good morning lads.  What a wonderful Easter Sunday it was.  Can't draw them up much better than that.  My toddler had a great time on some easter egg hunts and the adults got in some lively games of croquet and cornhole.  Now we're off to the races with the heat until early next week, at which point it appears it will be muted but we'll see what the extended forecast brings.  In any case, high and dry seems to be the theme around here for the foreseeable future.  Hope everyone had a great holiday.  Onward. 

Wait...a fellow croquet player! Yes!!! :)  

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Fake drinker Jon - you should be downing that bad boy at once and then disposing the can in your neighbor's yard. 

i like to enjoy "some" beers while actually mowing. Saturday was a 5 beer mow

19 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Dogs pee on the yard. You mow the yard. You pee on the yard. Circle complete

this guy is a professional :clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

EC, CMC and GFS have little to no chance of precip for 7-8 days.   Assuming that plays out, MDT will be about 1.50" behind normal at that point just for April alone.   For tonight, RGEM says get those frost advisories flying CTP.   Temps 30-35 in the LSV with DP's near 30. 

so Saturdays chances arent that great either? I was thinking that 'could" have been our precip day

59 here