• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2023 Mountains Spring/Summer Thread

Tyler Penland

Exactly one half inch of rainfall at our house last night. We were camping at Mortimer Campground in the Wilson Creek watershed this weekend. Fortunately, we only had a light shower in the campground. (I despise camping in the rain.)

We had a group of friends fishing for the delayed harvest. Or, rather our kids were. Fishing for them opened at 6 AM. Here was our haul by 8:30 AM, when we packed it in. No huge prizes, but the kids loved it!

e769414a7cce63e3652fc5665a83c678.jpg

• Like 7

Missed a heavy shower by about 3 miles again today. It's amazing how quickly the grass will turn brown with 5 or more days of no rain. I don't see more than .50- .75 the next couple weeks unless you get lucky under a thunderstorm. It could turn around in late June but think this will be a below average rain month. We haven't had many lately. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Penland said:

There's some serious downsloping going on with this one. Hasn't rained enough here for my station to pick up even 1/100" yet despite the moisture stream. Even had the sun try to peek through some.

For sure. Same at my place. Dry pattern seems to be trying to develop east of the Apps.