• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2023 Mountains Spring/Summer Thread

Tyler Penland

Quite the spread. I don’t have access to the 6z euro and Canadian, but all 3 are wildly different. The Canadian has a wedge on Friday but absolutely zero storm anywhere close to us this weekend - it advertises glorious weather into next week. 

selfishly rooting for that solution but I know we need some rain. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

We could definitely use the rain but I think east of 77 will see the heavy rain with light amounts west of there into the foothills and mountains. It will be cooler than average regardless with the NE flow

I think we do enter into a drought early on this summer. I hate to say it but we are kind of due for one.

28 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

And of course the euro came in south and slower again with most of the rain falling in our area after 8 pm Saturday. 

Kinda hope it keeps trending that way a bit. The way I see it, right now the weekend is a wash 3/3 days, but if we could slow this thing down a bit, we might could salvage a Saturday in the 70s before clouds and rain takeover.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Kinda hope it keeps trending that way a bit. The way I see it, right now the weekend is a wash 3/3 days, but if we could slow this thing down a bit, we might could salvage a Saturday in the 70s before clouds and rain takeover.

Same here plus I have company coming that day. I do hope we get a good soaking rain to get the water levels back up and fish moving. Low water equals an early end to trout season. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Same here plus I have company coming that day. I do hope we get a good soaking rain to get the water levels back up and fish moving. Low water equals an early end to trout season. 

I’ve been on a bass binge of late. When I discovered the thrill of catching smallmouth on a fly, it changed my summers. We could definitely use some water though - I wouldn’t mind hitting a blue line for brookies soon. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I’ve been on a bass binge of late. When I discovered the thrill of catching smallmouth on a fly, it changed my summers. We could definitely use some water though - I wouldn’t mind hitting a blue line for brookies soon. 

We still need to put together a group fishing outing! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Catching smallmouth on anything is a thrill for sure.

• Like 2