Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2023 Mountains Spring/Summer Thread

Tyler Penland

2 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Pretty rare for the last day of April even in the higher elevations.

It's pretty windy here and odd to see the trees with full leaves whipping around in winter like winds. 

Yeah the wind has been ferocious this evening.  Like you said very odd to see a cold wind blow through like this at the end of April.

Rain to snow tonight in the P&C forecast.  After being in the 80s in April.  That is something you don't see often. 
I had snow again last night up here around midnight. That's two nights in a row, going for 3 tonight!

At least the weather isn't boring right now, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

I had snow again last night up here around midnight. That's two nights in a row, going for 3 tonight!

At least the weather isn't boring right now, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yeah we had clouds roll in last night but the wind was flipping roaring last night. Temp never made it into the 30s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah we have sprinkles here with a temp of 51 though.  You can see precipitation moving in.

Had some snow flakes mixed in a brief little shower, if you can call it that since it only lasted a minute max, when I went out to mow around 3:30-4.  Wasn’t even that cold out, just windy and I guess super cold aloft for them to make it down.  First time seeing flakes fly in May for me.

• Like 4

Models went from over 1.5 QPF here to nothing in a couple days. Just like January snowstorms boys..

Yeah we had camping reservations this weekend in Seven Devils. Planned to hike Grandfather Mt on DBS today. NWS Forecast Thursday morning was 70% chance of rain on Saturday, with cool cloudy, drizzly conditions beginning overnight Friday and lasting through Sunday. We canceled or reservations. So, now it’s going to be a beautiful day and the rain won’t move in until Sunday afternoon. Go figure.

• Like 1