• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2023 Mountains Spring/Summer Thread

Tyler Penland

Fishing just ain't what it used to be. Too many people, too few fish. There's so many houses and developments now it's no wonder streams like South Toe have trouble maintaining a good level. 
I couldn't believe how many people were out on my creek today. I didn't recognize a single one, and none of them had NC plates. One of them walked up to about 10' from me and threw a line out. Catching that 3 lb. rainbow right in front of him was the highlight of my day lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I guess the nam is interesting enough to GSP to mention it.

FXUS62 KGSP 061106
AFDGSP

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Greenville-Spartanburg SC
706 AM EDT Thu Apr 6 2023

.SHORT TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/...

An interesting development has occurred with this event as model guidance depict the surface high to become very well established within the CAD regime. Backing north-northeasterly winds at 850-700 mb to go along with a very saturated vertical column already in place, expect any sort of a warm nose to erode as the highest elevations may see a transition over the sleet/snow Friday night as a result and could continue into Saturday before precip pushes east. Mt. Mitchell area is the main area being highlighted, but this could reach other parts of the northern Mountains at elevations >4500`. Good luck nailing down snow accumulations for Mt. Michell and surrounding ridgetops, but if the transition happens quicker than expected, wouldn`t be surprised if a couple inches of snow fell at the top of Mt. Mitchell. This setup will continue into Saturday as the surface high slides into the Northeast and the ripples of DPVA cluster together, while a steady Atlantic fetch continues to push atop the CAD dome. PoPs will remain very elevated (likely to categorical) through Saturday afternoon/evening as a result, with temperatures ~20 degrees below normal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Yup, I lost power already due to lightning for about 30 minutes around 915.

Yeah power has been flickering here all morning due to the storms. Man it is nasty out. Bye bye to those 70s for a bit and another chance for a frost and freeze also.

• Like 1