Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Discobs 2023

George BM

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Welp... , here we go again? (from LWX disco):  Additional shower chances are expected Friday and Saturday as another wave of low pressure and resultant trough settle into the region. 

My Huntingtown sister and fam went to OC MD this weekend for kite weekend :raining:

Accg to maps and nearby reports got about 0.44 overnight to push total to about 1.55 which is perfect especially how spread out it was.  Temp seemingly locked at 51

Yeah, I finally caved. Put in for a half day off next week. Can’t do anything on the weekends here anymore.

Had some more rain this morning which puts me at 3.97” for the storm total, and my 10th largest rain event since I’ve moved here.

Mount Holly AFD snippet-

For Sunday, the second of two low pressure systems will affect the area as deepening low pressure system moves northward through the day from the Carolinas towards NE PA. This will occur in response to a strong shortwave pivoting around an upper level low over the Midwestern States. This will lead to another wet day and the difference compared with the first system is that there will be a bit more instability in play as the triple points moves over Delmarva and southern NJ with low level flow from the S/SE. Expect rain/showers to move in southwest to northeast through the morning into the early afternoon and it`s worth noting, precip could come through in several rounds with a first round moving in during the morning with heavier rain/showers moving in by late day as the system draws closer. The first system has brought a general 1-2 inches of rain so far to much of the area with 2-5+ inches over parts of Delmarva, South Jersey and the NJ coast. This second low will once again tap into rich moisture with PWATs of 1.25, and with a warm cloud layer around 10,000 feet with some instability, precipitation efficiency will be maximized, with rainfall rates potentially on the higher side, especially later in the day. The good news is the system will be a bit more progressive but still, expect another 1 to 2 inches of rain on top of increasingly saturated ground with locally higher amounts possible. For these reasons, a Flood Watch has been issued for our Delmarva, South Jersey, and NJ coastal counties.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

12z HREF out of SPC soaks Delmarva and central PA tomorrow. Tries for a few 6"+ jackpots in those areas.

Drove to Kent island today. Remarkable to see flooded areas near creeks and major ditches, and farm fields with broad/ shallow pools of water, given how things looked just a week or so ago. Rooting for the under tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Despite a soaker on Friday, my lawn was pretty darn dry when I cut it today. Amazing to see how quick soil moisture gets sucked up when we have full leafout.

I notice this a lot more by early June. Beyond that it can rain its ass off here but the soil will be parched a few days later. Grass will be withering away by mid June.

6 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

12z HREF out of SPC soaks Delmarva and central PA tomorrow. Tries for a few 6"+ jackpots in those areas.

Which precip field?   I see the big totals up in central PA in the probability-matched mean, but I'm seeing only 1-1.5" for most of the Delmarva.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic