Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2023

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Gusty here. I just called BGE because my power is flickering in the higher gusts, but it’s not happening to my neighbors. I’m playing it safe by unplugging the computer.

Get that computer hooked up to a UPS! Even a smaller one will at least shield it better than a standard surge suppressor to the blips during high wind. 

• Like 1

Looks like areas near Hagerstown, Frederick, Westminster and similar place sin N Central MD are getting breaks in the clouds already. Most of the models are still not super enthused about pumping dews up. I am at 60 degrees on the temp AND dew right now. If we can hold in the lower 60s for dews - perhaps we can sneak some storms in. 

35 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Looks like areas near Hagerstown, Frederick, Westminster and similar place sin N Central MD are getting breaks in the clouds already. Most of the models are still not super enthused about pumping dews up. I am at 60 degrees on the temp AND dew right now. If we can hold in the lower 60s for dews - perhaps we can sneak some storms in. 

Visible satellite shows obvious clearing and our afternoon severe potential in central OH. This could be a sneaky day.

9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Visible satellite shows obvious clearing and our afternoon severe potential in central OH. This could be a sneaky day.

Mesoscale discussion for both a watch coming and an outlook upgrade to 30% (for wind) is up for PA. I think PA and then NE of us is the place to be for today. Not sure we can get excitement locally today. My dewpoint is starting to come down a bit. 

8 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Mesoscale discussion for both a watch coming and an outlook upgrade to 30% (for wind) is up for PA. I think PA and then NE of us is the place to be for today. Not sure we can get excitement locally today. My dewpoint is starting to come down a bit. 

Got a link? I'm mobile. 

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Get that computer hooked up to a UPS! Even a smaller one will at least shield it better than a standard surge suppressor to the blips during high wind. 

We had so many issues in the past that we actually went a step further and installed a whole house surge suppressor on our panel. Has been a good investment.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Got a link? I'm mobile. 

Mesoscale Discussion 0428
NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
1015 AM CDT Sat Apr 01 2023

Areas affected...eastern Ohio into western Pennsylvania and New York

Concerning...Severe potential...Watch likely 

Valid 011515Z - 011745Z

Probability of Watch Issuance...95 percent

SUMMARY...Storms producing damaging winds appear increasingly likely
today, beginning over eastern Ohio and moving quickly into parts of
New York and Pennsylvania.

DISCUSSION...Satellite imagery shows strong heating occurring over
the region, with storms beginning to form ahead of the cold
front/vort max. Despite low dewpoints, very steep deep-layer lapse
rates, strong shear and substantial mixing of high winds aloft will
likely yield wind gusts in excess of 50 kt over much of the area. As
such, a watch is likely, and the outlook will feature a 30% severe
wind probability.

..Jewell/Guyer.. 04/01/2023

...Please see www.spc.noaa.gov for graphic product...

ATTN...WFO...BGM...BUF...CTP...PBZ...CLE...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Sky pretty much cleared out here in Carroll County. 

3 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Came here to ask who has got the high winds yet as it was pretty calm here. But they have shown up a bit while typing. Just put the catio out but may have to haul it back in. Currently clear skies and 71.

It’s calm for now but the winds are coming later this evening.

70/55 here in ashburn

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic