Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2023

George BM

2 hours ago, mappy said:

I was informed over the weekend from a family member who works for the real estate company he is using, that apparently a lot of his properties are up for sale... wouldn't surprise me if as soon as the sale of the team is final, he is on his yacht in international waters for the foreseeable future. 

i'm sure he knows everyone here hates him.

Hey everyone! I have some pretty awesome news which will hopefully blossom into life changing news in the future...

I have an interview with the Weather Prediction Center in College Park to become a Forecaster on the QPF/Winter side of the house. The interview is April 25th. I am beyond excited to even have the opportunity to interview, so very grateful. 

I will keep everyone in the loop, but I could use your thoughts and prayers as this would be a major career move for me, and I'd be home again :)

Fingers crossed! 

• Like 36

20 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey everyone! I have some pretty awesome news which will hopefully blossom into life changing news in the future...

I have an interview with the Weather Prediction Center in College Park to become a Forecaster on the QPF/Winter side of the house. The interview is April 25th. I am beyond excited to even have the opportunity to interview, so very grateful. 

I will keep everyone in the loop, but I could use your thoughts and prayers as this would be a major career move for me, and I'd be home again :)

Fingers crossed! 

Good luck friend!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Fingers crossed! 

Wishing you the very best of luck on your interview!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Fingers crossed! 

Good luck!  Will say a prayer for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Fingers crossed! 

That’s awesome. Hope the interview goes well!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Fingers crossed! 

Good luck!!!!!

• Like 1

Dont look now but WINTER STRIKES BACK at Palisades Tahoe as the Sierra gets to enjoy 5 inches snow on Monday and 4 more on Tuesday! I can hardly wait! Keep an anticipatory weather eye out on these exciting webcams!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Don't let that 40 degrees fool you! They are gonna get smashed again, by snow!

13 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Fingers crossed! 

CONGRATULATIONS!

You're gonna do very well! We are all pullin' for ya!

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, MillvilleWx said:

Fingers crossed! 

Good luck to you. Sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, MillvilleWx said:

Fingers crossed! 

That's awesome, @MillvilleWx!!  Best of luck to you with the interview, and I hope you land the position!  You'd definitely be a great asset there.  I go to the NCWCP building now and then (still know a few people there even though I've been at HQ for many years now!), and would be glad to stop in and say hello if you get there!  Maybe you can lead one of the WPC map discussions sometime!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jebman said:

All eyes are on the Palisades tonight as up to 9 inches of fresh snow smash into the Resort!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Maybe a few more inches tomorrow! Pile it up!

You need to oil up the ol' Jebman Shovel, get out there, and show them how it's done!!!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic