• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Weather 4-4-23 and 4-5-23

cheese007

Large tornado PDS warning in n/c AR near Franklin not far south of MO border. 

This is rather odd ... 3-18-1925, 4-3-1974, 2023. I suppose one might want to circle the 19th on one's calendar. 

Have to say, the trailing wave feature on this is taking a similar track to the 1925 event which ran about 150 miles south of the 1974 low (which in turn was a bit south of this one, at 21z on Apr 3 1974 there was a 986 mb low near Keokuk IA). 

• Like 1

Sure am, they were in the prime position overnight. And I think one day science will catch up. There has been a lot of work done by other researchers in curved bands within the solar system magnetic field, the only difference in my research is that I co-locate these with Jupiter and to some extent other planets. And if there are powerful signals involved, then moons of those planets would modulate the signals. 

I have no expectation of recognition of these theories in my lifetime, the over/under on when it will be recognized is about 2400-2700 AD and it would take somebody with a better designed career path than mine, I have been more or less blacklisted (for other reasons) since 1980. And I used to care about that but I don't now as my life has been splendid and I have done everything I wanted to do and a lot more. So whether people believe me or not is the least of my concerns or worries. 

I might add that the elites running our world are not exactly showing themselves to be an infallible brain trust but that's not my problem at age 74. Well 73.9 getting ahead of the curve there. 

(People may be confused by this exchange and I don't want to derail the thread given that a very dangerous severe weather potential exists for a large part of the forum, so I would just say the key point is that a lot of severe weather outbreaks show a strong correlation with times where Jupiter's magnetic field would be at a peak state of disturbance, and this happens at predictable times that are roughly 3.5 days apart and which peak in cycles of 435 days, which being longer than an earth year by about 20% means that roughly every five years the peak coincides with the spring months. However it would also be relevant to locate the earth's orbital position relative to the curved portions of the solar system magnetic field, so it's not as simple as saying there is a five year cycle of severe weather events ... I will leave it at that, my interest in severe weather is otherwise conventional and therefore this is seen as being a theory under development while I do normal meteorology). The dynamics of this system are pretty impressive whether it has anything to do with solar system magnetic fields or not. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Got 10 seconds of sun this morning so I’m expecting an EF-4 by noon, but in all seriousness waking up to 70° feels like mid-summer here this morning.

Lots of crap-vection going on just to my west, have a feeling that’s going to set the stage for outflow boundaries later on however I think the best shot at severe or tornadoes specifically with discrete-sup’s will end up being Coldwater/Jackson/Lansing and east. I believe St. Joeseph/Calhoun county will be a little too close to the worked over atmosphere from this morning for anything major. 

• Like 1

It’s certainly odd getting most of the severe weather of the day in the morning. A cell to my southwest went warned for ping pong ball size hail. At this point I think we may get some spin ups along the squall line but I don’t know that we’ll get an outbreak. It felt nice to let the dogs out in shorts and a tshirt.

1 minute ago, sbnwx85 said:

It’s certainly odd getting most of the severe weather of the day in the morning. A cell to my southwest went warned for ping pong ball size hail. At this point I think we may get some spin ups along the squall line but I don’t know that we’ll get an outbreak. It felt nice to let the dogs out in shorts and a tshirt.

You dress up your dogs? :lol:

• Haha 8