• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2023 General Discussion

rainsucks

Cool, wet weekend on tap starting tonight. A little snow in the mix, but nothing major. Typical weather for this time of year, although I see the UP not quite done with wintery weather yet. Could be a decent snow hit there. Well, I had my turn for the last big hit a few days ago, now they get theirs. :) 

• Like 1

3.6 inches at MQT(.46 liquid) which is a record for the date.  Close to same here with .51 liquid.  Wet and at times very snowy weekend into early week looking likely.

MQT is now at 236.4"... a few other notable places:

Bergland Damn 239.9"

Herman 255.5"

Calumet 265.4"

Ironwood 237.4"

Munising 215.1"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

3.6 inches at MQT(.46 liquid) which is a record for the date.  Close to same here with .51 liquid.  Wet and at times very snowy weekend into early week looking likely.

MQT is now at 236.4"... a few other notable places:

Bergland Damn 239.9"

Herman 255.5"

Calumet 265.4"

Ironwood 237.4"

Munising 215.1"

Is that a god damn? :lmao:

Those are some wild totals though, the waterfalls must be crazy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WaryWarren said:

A fellow Pole, I knew I liked you Stebs.

Yeah Joe

4 hours ago, Jonger said:

I was gonna sub his channel, but it's not available.

jon.png.646e7a04433c2233d8b7da5c3ff49d3d.png

What does any of this have to do with weather? Plus I am pretty sure we already follow each other, and if we don't I'm not missing much with your riveting 248 tweets.

47 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

The model snow output for the UP is pretty insane over the next 48 hours. 24”+ over a wide area. Gonna be some epic tree damage. 

A little concerned...will do the usual preparations for a big dog but def not looking forward to flooding and tree damage.  The road between here and cr 510 is already in bad shape due to washouts and erosion with the heavy rain and rapid melt already seen.

Seasonal snow still otg here too.  Very slow to melt with the high water content this year.

this morning in front of my house:

1328913802_thumbnail(5).thumb.jpg.f9c250ccd40f8683f85f1a55047b0787.jpg

551121912_thumbnail(9).thumb.jpg.9a282d0346bc6594f3f44533c651fa1f.jpg

• Like 6

It was wet all day yesterday. And the forecast calls for just more rain. This brings a poem to mind:

From January up to May

The rain, it raineth every day

From May again until July

There's not a dry cloud in the sky

as far as I know, this web site contains the whole correct poem, which is called "Dirty Days Hath September." But I'm not sure.

https://www.workhouses.org.uk/lit/dirtydays.shtml

toledo forecast.jpg

toledo precip.gif

• Sad 1

The Blizzard of '93 started off with a squall line in the Gulf tied in to a strong 500mb shortwave, and also combined with a northern trough. But this isn't that. It's a bit of an analog as the GFS says the combination of systems results in a 981mb low in New York State.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_1 (3).png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

Stebo needs to star in a third grumpy old men movie. So grumpy the movie will just star him and not 2 grumpy guys. Ffsakes lighten up.

Dude you fly off the rails constantly, you of all people shouldn't be talking. And Jon is being a tedious idiot here as usual.

15 minutes ago, Jonger said:

In 2023, that's how we have a voice. I'm supporting the platform. The previous ownership sucked.

You are a clown and this is done, this is weather side, if you want to talk politics you know where you can, in the Off topic...oh wait, maybe at the sesh.... oh wait. Well maybe you can go to a corner and shout.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

I don't know how anyone who's even slightly interested in the weather can defend Musk's changes, he completely broke many warning and spotting dissemination APIs and resulted in the banning of 16 IEMbot accounts for "spam"

That I know nothing about. I do like the ability to make a Tweet without worrying about my account being disabled. That's what I pay for.

I can't imagine the API change was intentional, is there some competing service or just collateral damage with a software update?

9 minutes ago, Jonger said:

I can't imagine the API change was intentional, is there some competing service or just collateral damage with a software update?

Musk and Twitter support said it was intentional, you only get 60 free tweets a month on a bot account and then have to pay for Blue, which the iembot guy obvious can't afford and he won't give an exception to the NWS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1