Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2023 General Discussion

rainsucks

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Keeping a close eye on Saturday. 

Have had some pretty decent bands of snow rolling through since early this morning. 

Today's 12Z Euro looks very interesting for sure.

Had a couple bands that gave 2 separate 1/2" coatings on everything that quickly melted after they moved out.

7 hours ago, Brian D said:

@OrdlowPitMsp still may have a little powder at Lutsen next weekend if that's still on. :) 

Good memory! Unfortunately they closed early this year to replace a lift on Eagle Mtn so yesterday was the final day of the season. I’m sure they could keep things going into May as usual this year. 

Next planned trip up your direction is Temperance River State Park camping the weekend BEFORE Memorial Day. 

• Like 1

At various points heavy snow/rain showers with one in particular looking like a winter storm with the winds gusting. With a week like last you know something nasty is coming after.

The storms I got yesterday (5th so far this year) were tame with 8 flashes of lightning, 13mm of rain which is about what TWN forecast. I've read somewhere else that Canadians tend to trust their precip amounts but not their temp forecasts. I tend to agree.

On 4/18/2023 at 6:53 AM, bowtie` said:
Looks like KORD will be warmer than KIND this morning. The Lake is your friend.

The difference actually isn’t the lake in this case, with a 5-10MPH westerly wind at ORD.

I’d guess it’s more of a case where IND being on the edge of the metro/rural land, with a W-erly wind/less UHI, is making the difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Made it to 71 early this afternoon before the boundary crashed back south.  Back down to 63 now here, but still 78 at MLI.

Elevated sup fired up right overhead earlier.

Barely hit 60 here, down into the 40s now. Being north of a frontal boundary this time of year is always brutal, but it’s climo after all.

Was a great night of storms rolling through TC. Rain clearly not needed though.

Healthy novelty snowfield still in place along maybe 30 miles of I-94 somewhere north of Tomah to south of Eau Claire broke the drive up yesterday. Not a trace past Eau Claire and west.

Plows were pushing the pea size hail off the drive lanes north of Madison late morning yesterday as well. Stones had accumulated along a multimile stretch with temperatures in the lower 40s on the back side.

• Like 2