• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2023 General Discussion

rainsucks

Here is a cross-section of our cold front today, and the section is across the I-80 corridor. You can see the quick dropoff of the 0 degree C isotherm from over 700mb (east, Ohio, Pennsylvania) to around 950mb (west, Iowa). The polar jet stream is directly over the main section of cooling temperatures at the low levels.

gfs_Temperature_950_mb_18_000_64971124_cross_weathernerds.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Winters chill and snowflakes in the air. While it won't accumulate like the last 3 years, this is the 4th consecutive year (and 5 of the past 6 years) snow has been flying in the April 17-20 time frame.

FB_IMG_1681740044497.jpg

If it’s going to be cold it mind as well snow imo. Glad it wasn’t all a cold white rain this morning in south Rockwood 

Not hard to see where the banding set up with this system. There was a very narrow band that set up just west of me that put down 8" across the Iron Range. Pretty cool. More snow later this week my way with another 3-6" possible. Duluth record going to broken easy, and just maybe TH 7NW. @OrdlowPitMsp still may have a little powder at Lutsen next weekend if that's still on. :) 

Snow reports Apr 17.gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

I think I can speak for most of us when I say today is some ugly bullshit lol. (Yes I know it’s that time of year to go on rollarcoaster rides)

We had basically a full week of summer weather in mid-April, and it’s going to warm right back up tomorrow, so I can’t really complain.