Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2023 Lawn, Garden, Landscape Party Discussion

Damage In Tolland

On 6/5/2023 at 4:26 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Something ate all of my pea plants.. roots and all. They had peas on them too that weren’t large enough to pick yet. They touched nothing except the peas. Any idea what eats them? Death is coming 

Could be a ground hog.

35 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Ah, Its him most likely.

Something started taking our seedlings a couple years ago, so I built chicken wire cages to go on top of my beds.

I'm not even entirely convinced they were eating the plants either. It may have been squirrels digging up buried treasure and overturning my veggies.

22 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Something started taking our seedlings a couple years ago, so I built chicken wire cages to go on top of my beds.

I'm not even entirely convinced they were eating the plants either. It may have been squirrels digging up buried treasure and overturning my veggies.

That is a real possibility, Someone in the neighborhood was feeding the grey's shelled peanuts and i was finding them everywhere, They were burying them in the mulch of my blueberry plants, Inside the soil in my watermelon plant tote, And i even found one inside the hitch on my snowmobile trailer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

Yep - yesterday marked day 7 of measurable precip here (1.61" total).  I'm sure we'll make it 8 today.

Today makes it 9-for-9 this month, had 0.31" overnight, month total 2.50".  (Or 0.75" less than May 1st).   Hoping the peppers/tomatoes don't mildew.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I do have a neighbor's cat always around. But I've seen them hop underneath my car too. I can't deal with these things.

They kept chewing off the tops of my seedling plants. I put water out for the robin nesting in my garage and the chippies are drinking out of it too...and surprisingly no more plants are getting destroyed. Maybe they just needed some form of hydration? lol

My yard was overrun with munks the first couple years here....literally everywhere.   Got an absolute  killing machine of an outdoor cat 2 years ago--don't see them really outside of the woods very much now, except for the sporadic carcasses in the yard..lol.  My cat nabs an occasional grey squirrel too, brought a full one inside just last week right into the kitchen :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

My yard was overrun with munks the first couple years here....literally everywhere.   Got an absolute  killing machine of an outdoor cat 2 years ago--don't see them really outside of the woods very much now, except for the sporadic carcasses in the yard..lol.  My cat nabs an occasional grey squirrel too, brought a full one inside just last week right into the kitchen :lol:

We lost our outdoor cat over the winter and the number of birds hanging around has grown dramatically this spring.