Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Had a few periods of ok weather today between graupel, rain and snow showers.  Got a skin and ski in this afternoon, snow level was around 3,000ft when the cells would move through.

A8808411-15D2-4BA9-92BC-4DB2501F7AD5.thumb.jpeg.8d10d7ba2ce9a1addcf23e32e71c4f8f.jpeg

30BA36A4-4030-49ED-B5FF-24A0E0FBBCAA.thumb.jpeg.e6a544078f92cc83ab387b7d8ffaf072.jpeg

We even saw a little sun. I even thought about going to the golf course to do some chipping and putting. When it came time to shut down, it was pouring buckets and the temp had dropped to 41. I did end up going down to Montpelier and walking the bike path after dinner. So all wasn’t lost. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gonna be stuck in this pattern for awhile. Maybe later in 1st week of May it improves. 

It’s not been nearly as bad as advertised.. I haven’t had a full complete day washout yet,  I know out east you did Sunday. Everyday has had at least half of the day with sun and temps around 60 which is great weather for work in the yard. Looks like this Saturday will be the first true washout ..  however before that another great stretch of weather continues this week through Friday and maybe again Sunday if EURO has the right idea. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh it’s happening sweetheart. The warm pattern in April collapsed like the Celtics. 

Who said warm? The hand wringing over the doom and gloom is crazy though. Hell, yesterday ended up being a decent day. It’s almost May, some of these days will break decent.

Were you expecting 90s to stay? You sound like Kevin expecting deep winter to lock in on 11/1 :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s never wall to wall misery. It’s a shit pattern when you struggle to 60 in a valley with a few hours of sun chasing graupel in the aftn. Then 2 days of rain and NE winds followed by more 50s with 2 hours of sun in the morning. Wake me up on Memorial Day. 

The rain is at least welcomed, just wish it was on the work week. 

• Like 1

It’s like some parallel universe when TauntonBlizz starts advocating a glass half full outlook on weather instead of half empty.

Sounds like everyone is sort of talking about the same weather though, just interpreting it differently. 55-60F with brief showers/cores mixed with sun can both feel bad when raining but then a couple hours of sun at 60F also feels quite nice this time of year.

Its not beach weather but it’s also April. Could easily be cooler/nastier for an extended period of time. Probably rooted in perspective.

36F and dense fog here this morning, not beautiful, ha.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s like some parallel universe when TauntonBlizz starts advocating a glass half full outlook on weather instead of half empty.

Sounds like everyone is sort of talking about the same weather though, just interpreting it differently. 55-60F with brief showers/cores mixed with sun can both feel bad when raining but then a couple hours of sun at 60F also feels quite nice this time of year.

Past events don't predict the future, but on this board it does. 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Its not beach weather but it’s also April. Could easily be cooler/nastier for an extended period of time. Probably rooted in perspective.

36F and dense fog here this morning, not beautiful, ha.

Like I said, any sun this time of year and it will feel nice out. Will there be shit days mixed in? Of course.

It’s almost May though, the worst is definitely behind us.

40 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this weather sucks....it beats 38-41F and misery mist so I'm glad it's not the worst case scenario, but dodging showers at 54F in late April sucks balls too.

Friday looks like best chance for 60s east of the CT river.

The bolded phrase describes the past 2 days here, though we had a few hours of 42-44 yesterday.  Actually had some sun this morning but by 7:30 the clouds had taken over.  Friday 60s at Pittston Farm (north from Moosehead), top of the week.  :D   Then another dive into the frequent eastern New England wx during the 1st half of spring.

Maybe we can get a 2009 repeat.

Bite your tongue (or keyboard)! 
April and May 2009 combined were near my average for precip and sunniness.  June and July were terrible - each had the least sun for those months in our 25 years, with June 2009 tied with Dec 2020 for least sun in any month.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this weather sucks....it beats 38-41F and misery mist so I'm glad it's not the worst case scenario, but dodging showers at 54F in late April sucks balls too.

Friday looks like best chance for 60s east of the CT river.

That’s a good way to put it. Not worst case scenario but not good either.