Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

36 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Yesterday, Portland set an April record and tied its all-time record for the smallest daily temperature range on record.

image.png.fdbc73ac7dffe075cce9ecec7f526fd9.png

Not sure how much "yore" is in that June 1895 day, but that is pretty impressive for summer near peak solar...even with clouds, fog, and/or rain.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Yesterday, Portland set an April record and tied its all-time record for the smallest daily temperature range on record.

image.png.fdbc73ac7dffe075cce9ecec7f526fd9.png

I noticed that this morning .. temp hadn't wavered from 43-44F since 6pm on Sunday.  And now that I just looked, it doesn't seem like it has yet.  Currently 44F

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not sure how much "yore" is in that June 1895 day, but that is pretty impressive for summer near peak solar...even with clouds, fog, and/or rain.

Who knows?  However, my only 1° range was 54/53 on 6/3/2001 - had 0.50" RA after 1.44" the day before.  (52/47 that day).   In the 25 years here we've had 6 days with 2° range, 3 of which came in Nov.
Temp has risen 3° from this morning, so no records there; still dripping.

17 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

I noticed that this morning .. temp hadn't wavered from 43-44F since 6pm on Sunday.  And now that I just looked, it doesn't seem like it has yet.  Currently 44F

Same here, although I did bounce up to 45 at some point since then but it was brief.

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

very impressive.  I guess that can happen if the ocean was around 55F, with a deep marine layer and constant onshore flow?

Here you go Kevin...   CPC's seeing it now too -

Atmospheric responses associated with the long-lived La Nina continue to wane, as the MJO
is expected to be the dominant driver of tropical convective anomalies, and eventually provide
an environment conducive for tropical cyclone (TC) development in the Indian Ocean and
West Pacific later in May.
Extratropical linkages become less clear during boreal spring, however there is some support
for Maritime Continent MJO events leading to increased mid-level heights and above-normal
temperatures over the central and eastern U.S. during May

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tunafish said:

Same here, although I did bounce up to 45 at some point since then but it was brief.

very impressive.  I guess that can happen if the ocean was around 55F, with a deep marine layer and constant onshore flow?

I bet you wish you had installed, don't you?

• Haha 2