Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

On 4/22/2023 at 11:05 AM, tamarack said:

Coastal wx.  Here in the foothills we've had May minima of 27 or cooler - lowest is 21 - every year except 1998, and our mid-month move from Gardiner meant the NS records started on 5/17.  Had 32 on the 27th, also 32 in Gardiner on 5/14 (day before the move) so it was almost certainly 20s here that day.

Impressive.  We can get below freezing in May, obvipusly, but I'm not sure in my 4 years of record keeping how many times we have.  I'll have to look.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Why do we need 3”’of rain? What’s wrong with half inch to an inch? In April no less. 

The “principle of Stein” has definitely moved towards a jackpot fetish verses soaking rain for vegetation.  Get 1.5” of rain and it’s a Stein if everyone else gets 4”.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Aurora’s to Boston tonight??

Too bad it’s cloudy. Pretty significant solar storm ongoing 

Going back well over a decade... I've been noting a remarkably tight correlation between space weather activity, and New England's inability to ever see them due to terrestrial weather interference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

The giggedy range of the GFS with a continental heat dome forming ... 

I think in this case, however, we should watch for that sort of emergence in general as we head toward D12 and beyond, based on long lead perceived telecon modes.  The ONI is offering less resistance to tropical forcing with the waning La Nina, which there is such a forcing that appears to replace this current ...whatever the f this is... 

I know what it is though - we're suffering a blocking hang over from eastern N/A and Asian early heat dispersion into higher latitudes ... but anyway.  When this wanes out there is an actual wave signature emerging in the RMM correlating to heat, and without very many offsets it may couple to the R-wave momentum giving to a quasi- standing wave over N/A ...  Speculative, but I personally wouldn't be shocked if early heat balloons E of 110 W

• Like 4