Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Reminds me of the time in the late 90s you'd always see tractor trailers with W.O.W. written in their dirt film.  Whip 'em Out Wednesday.  A WAAF production, I believe (RIP).

45/29 OVC

Correct on WAAF..

Back during that time period they were 2 jr highschoolish kids that would stand by the on ramp from Route 495 to Route 110 in Methuen...they would hold a W.O.W. sign..

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Reminds me of the time in the late 90s you'd always see tractor trailers with W.O.W. written in their dirt film.  Whip 'em Out Wednesday.  A WAAF production, I believe (RIP).

45/29 OVC

Yep haha. I think in early 00s too.

Sad when you think about the dueling rock station battles and how radio is now. WBCN and WAAF. Both great stations in their own way. 

• Like 3

..As usual, I always seem to engage in frivolous conversation with whom ever is next to me walking in or to a store.  This time it was a typical Wal-Martian encounter on my way into the CMU block shopping oasis.

Guy was telling me how great the weather has been. We went back  and forth on the weather topic with him ending it by saying, "At least we ain't down in Iowa where they are getting tornadoes and hurricanes."

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, tunafish said:

45/29 OVC

Opie and Anthony was pretty good back then

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

35f. Wtf, get this crap outta here

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

31.8°.  Probably last time below 32 this season.  Was up to 42 by 730, so pretty fake cold.

43 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Opie and Anthony was pretty good back then

Yes.  Never listened to them again after they got fired, I think they jumped the shark.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

A little closer would be nice 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_42.png

Typical GFS day-10 map.  How often have we seen the like since 12/1, and how often has it verified?  Once?

First day in a week that I could report "sunny" to cocorahs, but the mostly sunny forecast busted when clouds rolled in about 10 AM.  At least that few hours of (filtered) sun pushed the temp from 28 to low 50s.

2 hours ago, tunafish said:

31.8°.  Probably last time below 32 this season.  Was up to 42 by 730, so pretty fake cold.

Coastal wx.  Here in the foothills we've had May minima of 27 or cooler - lowest is 21 - every year except 1998, and our mid-month move from Gardiner meant the NS records started on 5/17.  Had 32 on the 27th, also 32 in Gardiner on 5/14 (day before the move) so it was almost certainly 20s here that day.

• Like 1

As “decent” as you get around here for the calendar. Occasional break of sun but mostly mid level overcast. 54 for a high will probably do it. Couple degrees BN. Light wind. Sweatshirt is good enough for walking the dog.

Looking forward to some heat and humidity. Everything looks tired of the dryness.