Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Why all the gloom and doom. Pattern looks like a lot of 60’s and decent days . This place pulls this every spring and then everyone’s like..”what happened to the rainy , cold pattern “ when it never occurs. Like clockwork 

I agree with you. I think they’ll definitely be some shitty days, but overall, if we get sun, it will be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex said:

Low 30s and on and off snow showers all day. This is absolute crap. Thank god I’m going to Roatan tomorrow 

Cool island. Had 2 nice trips there. 

The next 2 weeks are usually the best time to leave New England for vacation. I'm heading to Key West FL tomorrow. It seems like every year I go the weather turns to crap right when I leave.

40 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Does it look very “troughy” for an extended period . I stopped looking 

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It does.

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

n’t

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why all the gloom and doom. 

Does it look troughy?  Yes.

Does that mean all doom and gloom? No.

There is zero evidence to say it “isn’t trough-y” going forward. Upper level heights look lower on average.   There can also be a trough without long stretches of terrible weather.

Day 6-10

38E4587C-DD0B-4EC4-AAA5-7722B63CE2BA.thumb.png.65e8a4d96ab0a886fc61ba48c807d7ba.png

Day12-16

D0BB77E4-566A-4967-BB8C-6C38EFAB48B9.thumb.png.e1771e30cf57ff2cd68fa529d753bc97.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just back from Maine .. not a bloom in sight . Thanks winter 

GWRRB3D.jpg

3bMpa8K.jpg

Little/no pack near the coast when the Feb Arctic blast blew thru.  My low forsythia opened 5 days ago while the taller one next to the driveway has zero blossoms.

4th straight cloudy day here.  April has had AN sun so far despite that spell, but this coming Sun-Wed may repeat the mank, also might include enough qpf to be interesting.  It's a rare April that features neither days of promise nor days of crud.  It's when the latter hits in May that hurts more.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I have no idea how Canadian Maritime people do this for months on end. 

I would love it. fresh air, great sleeping weather, easy to stay hydrated, and you don't sweat your butt off as soon as you walk outside..   Sure summer is awesome if your at the beach or something but I would take this any day here

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Gotta say...this was modeled pretty well last week. 

yup...  not just modeled though, it was conceptually explained how/why these blocking suppressed jet deals happen after 'synoptic warm bursts' -

It's why I'm not particularly grousing or feeling put out by it because I've had a week to psycho babble prepare.  That and the incontrovertible fact that this region of planet is empirically the biggest piece of shit place to live ... on the planet, during this time of the year - that should be built into expectation.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lots of 70s tomorrow especially inland. 

Folks may want to try and enjoy these next two days of sun ...with at least relative warmth today, more so tomorrow, yup.

'cause after that, you're muzzles are strapped to the April shit stuffing machine for the next 10 days.  We may actually get chilly and drab as the 850 mb temps are rising later Friday with that pressure pattern.

GGEM's buckin' for a blue baby out there in the last week of the month.   And frankly, Euro and GFS merely miss a cold pocket timed with an overall 500 mb evolution that would, too, if not for chance.  Unlikely to work out ...but the alternative is deeply dreary, either way.

Not that you or anyone asked, I suspect May is different this year than recent springs tho.  The last 4 ( folks may recall ) have been orchard stresser chilly at times, at other times ... weird thermal profiles that are almost hard to explain.  Like 534 hydrostatic heights with temps up to 72 F, and high based dessert CB's   That was a really weird under the radar climate change thing going on while civility carried on unaware, but won't go there... heh.  Anyway, I think there may be another synoptic warm burst out there before any real summer pattern gets established. And doing one of those as we are entering the perennial solar maximum (~May 8) would be a different party than doing so March or early April.

Makes sense...  '87 April event followed a week layer by 90.  LOL.   I'd love to see that, tho. I wonder if that's ever happened, that extreme of a wholesale turn around spanning lesser time.  It seems big correction happening all over the world with increased frequency.