Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No they always warm up you and DIT said

That's not what I said. I said last week we'll see a day or 2 this week where we'll be stuck into the 50's. 

I also said the other day we'll see an overall pattern that is warmer vs. cooler. We'll have these cool days mixed in, but when we warm we will be quite anomalous. I may have even said this yesterday. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You news snow blind?. Wisconsin, Minnesota ,North Dakota ,Upper Pennisula.

Screenshot_20230419_122824_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_122959_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_122951_Chrome.jpg

I have been clueless.  Between getting my teaching ready for the course beginning in a month and planning complicated early fall travel….

Weather is just annoying now after getting last week’s tease.   Last week ac this week back to heat-finally caved and turned it back on last night.

17 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I'd like to grow it as cover between my neighbor and I but I think that's illegal? 

Don't do it. I have it in my chicken run and maintain the rhizomes, but it's aggressive. But yeah, it got top killed again this year. The rhizomes store a lot of energy so they will just put up a bunch of shoots this spring...they just won't be as tall.

If you want a bamboo privacy screen look into the clumping bamboos (fargesia). They are more cold hardy as well. The running ones are primarily phyllostachys although there's a US native one that is more shrubby in the SE (arundinaria gigantea...aka Canebreak or River Cane bamboo). That will run too though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have been clueless.  Between getting my teaching ready for the course beginning in a month and planning complicated early fall travel….

Weather is just annoying now after getting last week’s tease.   Last week ac this week back to heat-finally caved and turned it back on last night.

Does Kevs AC run heat too?

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Why do folks act like installing a 12 lb window unit is a irreversible act .

Low “T” ?

Heavier than that lol. Big pain to take in and out, Unless you don't secure them and take them out with water leaking all over the house. But most of all, big waste of utilities as the cold NW winds blow over 990' in NE CT.