Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, SJonesWX said:

so those who have installed, do you uninstall? More 90’s ain’t walking through that door anytime soon

I am continually amazed by these comments.. why would anyone uninstall after installing? Once they’re up and in , they’re in . Why would you ever take them out ? Boggles my mind 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am continually amazed by these comments.. why would anyone uninstall after installing? Once they’re up and in , they’re in . Why would you ever take them out ? Boggles my mind 

Well if there was a chance you might go weeks or more without needing it again, isn’t it nice to look out the windows or have them open for fresh air?  I personally hate having those units in windows.

In college we’d take them out all the time and only throw them in during heat waves.  It took minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why would anyone install to begin with? It's freaking April. Maybe I Missed the headlines of the cooling centers opening last night.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I personally think it’s fine to install then uninstall if someone wants to , I mean ..it’s not hard. If your like Kev and don’t hit the weights maybe you get your nearest DILF dad bud to lift them out of window for you , but the key is that if you have access to AC why in the heck would you sweat for two days ..instead of flipping Central air  or installing . If you were not uncomfortable or sweating then great but If you were ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Well if there was a chance you might go weeks or more without needing it again, isn’t it nice to look out the windows or have them open for fresh air?  I personally hate having those units in windows.

In college we’d take them out all the time and only throw them in during heat waves.  It took minutes.

Exactly, who wants cold rain blowing through their window.

Screenshot_20230414_203841_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I personally think it’s fine to install then uninstall if someone wants to , I mean ..it’s not hard. If your like Kev and don’t hit the weights maybe you get your nearest DILF dad bud to lift them out of window for you , but the key is that if you have access to AC why in the heck would you sweat for two days ..instead of flipping Central air  or installing . 

We talk about installing window AC units on this forum like it’s actually installing a brand new window frame each time.  You lift it up, put it there and close a window on top of it.  This isn’t some monster chore that should keep people up at night or even feel relieved it’s done lol.

Put them in and out whenever you want or need.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But you have to tape and retape. It’s not just lifting it into the window and out. It’s a 15-20 minute process. And there’s something so peaceful about looking at it in the window . With an AN pattern locked in from here on out.  You install early and use it when you need it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We talk about installing window AC units on this forum like it’s actually installing a brand new window frame each time.  You lift it up, put it there and close a window on top of it.  This isn’t some monster chore that should keep people up at night or even feel relieved it’s done lol.

Put them in and out whenever you want or need.

Thank you . It’s like bizarro world 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But you have to tape and retape. It’s not just lifting it into the window and out. It’s a 15-20 minute process. And there’s something so peaceful about looking at it in the window . With an AN pattern locked in from here on out.  You install early and use it when you need it 

Taping and retaping… I picture you doing it over and over until all corners are crisp 90 degrees, tape smooth and straight with a level.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s why I got this last year. I can open the window and leave it installed. 

image.jpeg.8bfe15add357f8a27a68ecaafab913d0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2