Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is my point.

Yea I said that. But living within the marine zone always worry about that pond. Seen a nice 70 degree day turn to shit with a sudden sea breeze.  Like I said Tuesday was so so underplayed but man what a great day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It is amazing how folks will lock in 7 to 10 day temps but throw shade on other 7 to 10 day products.  I understand temps are easier to predict but in "Sping" it's a crapshoot with that pond being in the 40s and deep snow cover to our North. However if we get lots of sun with downslope and dry soils temps can skyrocket. I just am skeptical until we see the whites of its eyes.

I agree with this. 

I wouldn't feel comfortable forecasting temps outside of 3-4 days across our region during the spring time. First off MOS/NBM is total trash during the season and there are so many different influences which can impact temperatures (both positively and negatively). H5 could look amazing for warmth in the extended but the sfc could be dealing a different set of cards. Never underestimate backdoor potential or cloud debris. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Ahhh was finally looking forward to cracking the window open to some warmth and sun today  but when I woke up I noticed once again I would be stuck in the murk. When will I ever learn 

I expected morning murk and told people after lunch it will get better. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Morning temps have literally nothing to do with the high temps in this. 

ISR - it's a high order exponential function today. Either you clear out or you don't. 35 or 45 will still translate to 70ish because of what's just above our heads. 

Temps below consensus in the morning and then catching up and exceeding guidance in the afternoon is exactly what you'd expect given the known guidance biases in both directions.

If most in SNE are still socked in by 12, then the warm breakout is a bust. But latest satellite already shows the dank eroding, broadly, so that's still the bad bet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

ISR - it's a high order exponential function today. Either you clear out or you don't. 35 or 45 will still translate to 70ish because of what's just above our heads. 

Temps below consensus in the morning and then catching up and exceeding guidance in the afternoon is exactly what you'd expect given the known guidance biases in both directions.

If most in SNE are still socked in by 12, then the warm breakout is a bust. But latest satellite already shows the dank eroding, broadly, so that's still the bad bet.

Clouds breaking down this way....

26 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Agree to a point...especially SNE. But it's always been a race between mixing out at the sfc and the cold fropa up here so any lag in mixing out hurts us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MarkO said:

We had about 1/4" of accretion and temps didn't break 32 until about 2 hrs ago. Sounds like it's pouring rain in the trees. 

Maybe 0.15" accretion here.  Temp finally into the mid 30s with ice beginning to fall from the trees.  Can the sun burn thru and mix down warmth here?  Forecast of 55 says probably.

Well ... we had the day last week where we were hung up under an inversion/murk sky until 3:15 here amid the Nashoba Valley area N/E Mass, and guess what... despite only being 40 at 2pm we still burst made 66 by around 5 pm before settling slow down.

There is also a gradation in this thing... It'll likely make 74 at BDL and if it only makes 62 at Merrimack NH ( for example or something like that) ...that's still a relative win in warmth.   That said, ...it is also a compromise to some degree ( literally ) between the various modeling vs the undeniable aspects of April climo in anus hole continental America

• Like 1