Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24-25 Palm Killer (Snow Event)

hardypalmguy

17 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Some of better snows come in March due to warmer temps, more moisture return from south, unfortunately we never get em.

15.8" at DTW this March. No complaints. I only wish every March was like this. As I had said the midwest/lakes region in general has not had a snowy march in years. Usually February is the month that obliterates climo. Hopefully in '23-24 it's December.

• Like 1

Appleton zone forecast from this morning. To be fair, they were under a WWA at that point for 3-6", but doesn't show up explicitly in the zone text. Regardless, that area has seen 12"+ so far, and it's still S+ there right now. Would love to see a positive bust like that for once. :D

INCLUDING THE CITY OF APPLETON   245 AM CDT SAT MAR 25 2023     ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM CDT THIS   AFTERNOON...      

EARLY THIS MORNING   MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW   SHOWERS. TEMPERATURES NEAR 30. NORTHEAST WIND 10 TO 15 MPH.    

TODAY   CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER   30S. NORTH WIND 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 50 PERCENT.    

TONIGHT   MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY   CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MIDDLE 20S. WEST WIND 10 TO 15 MPH.

• Like 1

1221 PM     SNOW             2 N MENASHA             44.23N 88.44W
03/25/2023  E20.0 INCH       WINNEBAGO          WI   PUBLIC

ALMOST 20 INCHES.
1202 PM     SNOW             E NEENAH                44.18N 88.44W
03/25/2023  M17.5 INCH       WINNEBAGO          WI   TRAINED SPOTTER

SNOW AMOUNT SO FAR. LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE CITY
            ABOUT FOUR BLOCKS FROM LAKE WINNEBAGO.
  • Like 1

Just insane snow amounts all over the state today. This is going to be one of if not the most widespread 12"+ snowfalls in this state since 12/20/12. This is also now in the top 10 for daily snowfalls in Madison's history, with snow still falling. Today's storm is going to go down as one of the biggest overperformers in the Midwest at least in the last 15 years, if not since 2000. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Geoboy645 said:

Just insane snow amounts all over the state today. This is going to be one of if not the most widespread 12"+ snowfalls in this state since 12/20/12. This is also now in the top 10 for daily snowfalls in Madison's history, with snow still falling. Today's storm is going to go down as one of the biggest overperformers in the Midwest at least in the last 15 years, if not since 2000. 

All I gotta say is hot damn

Didn't really think about it until now, but today (and yesterday) is the 10 year anniversary of this beauty. Springfield IL broke their all-time record biggest snowfall with 18.5". Had close to a foot in the LAF. A couple of not 100% accurate maps below. :arrowhead:

mar24snow.jpg

20130325regionalsnow.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Powerball said:

DET just popped a 60 MPH gust, after a couple observations with 50+ MPH gusts...

EDIT: DTW apparently gusted to 67 MPH earlier.

I believe it the winds are screaming right now and I’m only a few miles to the NW of DTW.  I’m glad the tree company Davy trimmed the power lines in my area that was planned for maintenance. The winds were blowing my suv around like a tin can

• Like 1

7 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

It was very gusty. Wow on 66 mph though (per climate report). Had some light snow flying in the wind these evening. Obviously just a T.

Yeah, winds definitely overachieved. Would have qualified for a High Wind Warning in hindsight.

I was telling my mom "hmmm, winds so far aren't so bad" at 1pm yesterday. But little did I know...::lol:

Thankfully, the fact that the leaf out hasn't commenced yet and it was well above freezing kept the extent of power outages at bay.

• Like 1

So final totals ended up being 12.1" at Madison and 10" even at Green Bay. GRB just barely missed out on the max snowband, as there were several 12-15" reports all across the metro. I estimate we recieved about 15" here total at my campus. Today it is sunny and in the low 40's out. The snowpack is melting incredibly quickly. Or rather evaporating because there really isn't that much melt water out. Kind of what happens when you have the sun angle equivalent of September 16th. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Powerball said:

Yeah, winds definitely overachieved. Would have qualified for a High Wind Warning in hindsight.

I was telling my mom "hmmm, winds so far aren't so bad" at 1pm yesterday. But little did I know...::lol:

Thankfully, the fact that the leaf out hasn't commenced yet and it was well above freezing kept the extent of power outages at bay.

Yes. The last thing we need is more power outages lol. And you were right, it was 67 mph.