Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 24-25 Palm Killer (Snow Event)

hardypalmguy

On 3/23/2023 at 9:08 AM, A-L-E-K said:

florida is objectively bad in almost every way but the gulf side is def the worst, total snoozer and just filled to the brim with the worst combination of old folks and rednecks

at least in miami u fell like you're in the tropics not the south and there's action and waves 

This was true about 5 years ago and ive been a snowbird for the last 5 and moved down to estero about a year ago. There's def all types down here, but there has been an infusion of younger people and families since covid. People are definitely nicer, happier than metro detroit. Its felt like the tropics this winter for sure. Also for those bitchn and moaning about the off topic talk, relax. Were 3 pages in and it's easy to follow along and ignore the florida talk. If this was a historic storm affecting more in here than I would agree take the florida banter elsehwere.

Screenshot_20230324_092334_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

This was true about 5 years ago and ive been a snowbird for the last 5 and moved down to estero about a year ago. There's def all types down here, but there has been an infusion of younger people and families since covid. People are definitely nicer, happier than metro detroit. Its felt like the tropics this winter for sure. Also for those bitchn and moaning about the off topic talk, relax. Were 3 pages in and it's easy to follow along and ignore the florida talk. If this was a historic storm affecting more in here than I would agree take the florida banter elsehwere.

Screenshot_20230324_092334_Chrome.jpg

That looks awesome!

I hope to make a trip down to Florida some time this Summer.

6 minutes ago, Powerball said:

That looks awesome!

I hope to make a trip down to Florida some time this Summer.

You're time to come is now, well in a few weeks or in january when less spring breakers. Man the amount of drunk drivers out last night in miami was scary. Def don't wanna come in the summer, but I guess you're used the instant sweat walking outta the house in dallas.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

You're time to come is now, well in a few weeks or in january when less spring breakers. Man the amount of drunk drivers out last night in miami was scary. Def don't wanna come in the summer, but I guess you're used the instant sweat walking outta the house in dallas.

I don't mind the heat as much. I'm increasingly growing intolerant to cold though.

Plus, you all have the braches as well to cool off.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:08 AM, A-L-E-K said:

florida is objectively bad in almost every way but the gulf side is def the worst, total snoozer and just filled to the brim with the worst combination of old folks and rednecks

at least in miami u fell like you're in the tropics not the south and there's action and waves 

my brazilian ex-girlfriend would agree with you.  she lived in miami i lived in tampa.

1 hour ago, iBrian said:

friend once visited vancouver, bc and reported back that they have palm trees.  still gotta see this one.

There's palm trees in Seattle, but they only really survive next to buildings and look pretty sad in the winter.  Falling into the low 20s at night isn't uncommon at all with Fraser Valley outflows, even down to Tacoma.   It tends to be even less modified by interaction with the Sound as you go north into Canada.

In typical fashion the Euro slashed precip in the past few runs, just as the system nears.  Went from 14"+ for the QC on kuchera down to under 8" now.  The 00Z will cut it back to under 4", which will be correct.  Boy that model really sucks ass now.  What a shame.

Getting ready to be plowed tomorrow morning.