Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24-25 Palm Killer (Snow Event)

hardypalmguy

19 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Take all this shit to the banter thread.

The trend across all models this morning is to fade back east with the heavy snow band.  Southeast Wisconsin looks like a pretty good spot.

Thanks Hawkeye.   Well said.  

With this morning's inch of cake batter, I am at 31" for March.   Looking fwd to more.   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Baum said:

i think we all called this back in mid February.....sadly.

I believe Detroit's biggest snowstorm on record happened in the first week of April. Michsnowfreak knows alot more about that. 

I am amazed it has not happened since? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Lol at the Euro trolling the QC again.  There was a time not so long ago when if the Euro showed your area getting 10"+ of snow in less than 60hrs you were probably golden.  

For this event I gotta say the models have remained more consistent then I have seen in a while. No nw or se trend etc. If only every system was modeled like this. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

For this event I gotta say the models have remained more consistent then I have seen in a while. No nw or se trend etc. If only every system was modeled like this. 

There has been a bit of a SE trend.  I wouldn't be surprised.  Lots of storms along the front in the OV.  The warmth typically struggles to get as far north in March and April.  We'll see but I would not be surprised if there is a bit of a SE trend.  

00Z HRRR variable density (var dens) snow depth output. Shall see what the varsity 00z models show. I won't be here for this one (flying to Colorado to ski during my son's spring break), so this morning was my last AFD for the event. 6213e4c2118258af06d6dd6ef9811310.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

6Z GFS is saying the SE trend is alive and well.  The 6Z NAM has a different approach and the snow band goes more NE whereas the GFS doesn't cut as hard to the NW.  The NAM 3kM is closer to the GFS solution.  THE RAP AND HRRR are somewhere in between the two models.  You would think being about 24 hours out there would be better consensus at this point....

22 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

6Z GFS is saying the SE trend is alive and well.  The 6Z NAM has a different approach and the snow band goes more NE whereas the GFS doesn't cut as hard to the NW.  The NAM 3kM is closer to the GFS solution.  THE RAP AND HRRR are somewhere in between the two models.  You would think being about 24 hours out there would be better consensus at this point....

How many times have we said that last sentence so far this winter

42 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

It’s this winters theme lol