Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2023 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

15 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

If possible this May has managed to be even more boring than 2020-22. It used to be my favorite month for its volatile weather and thunder/:twister:threats. What is with these locked-in doldrums patterns/endless stretches of absolutely nothing to track? I mean, it's nice that it's pleasant outside but with the ultra-low dewpoints I'm on the verge of having the same dry skin issues I do in the winter.

Imagine after May 24 2011 telling someone there won't be a classic plains outbreak in May through at least 2023? I consider the May 27 Memorial Day tornado outbreak of 2019 to be atypical.

13 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

I can't believe this is actually his official Facebook picture.

I had to go check myself, I can't believe it either! Someone made a shower curtain with that pic.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

The last rumble and storm were Apr 5 here, I'll probably not hear any til Sept. 10,300 strikes in one month is incredible, I only get around 2000 a year on my station and its radius is 40 km!

August 2022 I actually had 17,000!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:58 PM, CheeselandSkies said:

If possible this May has managed to be even more boring than 2020-22. It used to be my favorite month for its volatile weather and thunder/:twister:threats. What is with these locked-in doldrums patterns/endless stretches of absolutely nothing to track? I mean, it's nice that it's pleasant outside but with the ultra-low dewpoints I'm on the verge of having the same dry skin issues I do in the winter.

Climate change.:thumbsdown:

• Sad 1

e6e034543698dfd1a4227565868c0ebf.jpg
gonna head up to Madison to Tyrol’s June Jam tomorrow. Pic from last year, they said they have significantly more snow this year. At least an acre of coverage. I’m not sure how they keep it at Tyrol but usually hay and/or sawdust will do the trick.

A-Basin in Colorado closing this weekend, but it was snowing there today.

Still got about 11 minutes of day length to pick up, but it’s almost over. Less than 19 days til they start getting shorter.