Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The NWS almost always will fall below the number on extreme snowfall, you just can’t walk it back once the horse is out of the barn. You rarely ever see an OKX 2015 kind of disaster forecast.

And in general we’re slow to ramp up to those extreme numbers as they are occurring. Like October 2011 and December 2020 in NH for us.

Yea, I get it...but it was clear to me several days out that someone high up would see 3'.

Again, I have nothing to lose, though.....and I get burned sometimes, like I did here near the coast.

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Are you heading south for the remainder of the spring and summer?

I'd love to head south just for warmer weather at this point :lol: 

I'll always take a good March snow event, but I'm ready for at least some 60's and 70's right now. Ton of yard clean-up to do I want to get started on

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Fun but exhausting storm to track. Really sucks for much of Connecticut, especially the Valley. Now it's onto severe weather season

I am just not ready to move on yet. I think I need just one more day 10 snow map. Preferably 10 to 1 ratio.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

My total was somewhere between 0.0 and 0.00, either way, well below the warning criteria that was issued.

Of all of the winter storms to produce worthless results this one was indeed the King Queen.  Queen Brenda was the one futile storm to rule all futile storms. The futility was so on-point with the rest of the season.  I actually shed a tear this morning as I looked back in delight, recalling how this storm slowly began to rage, ultimately building into a perfect crescendo of nothing.  At it's wet, white teasing peak this final blast of winter brilliantly failed me one last time.  And it did so in grand fashion...a wonderfully precise, in-tune orchestration of wind, and cold rain, ultimately ending as a fervor of white rain...again...one more time, kicking a beaten man while down. 

I don't think I will ever witness such a LeBron James type flop in my lifetime.   

I will admit, I was scared as I thought I would indeed limp up to 12" for the season (a mark that I have been trying to avoid).  The forecast called for anywhere from 4"-8", but lucky for me I stuck to my guns, and this goal was ultimately thwarted, and I am happy to report that I am still at 11" for the season. 

Congrats to those who received anywhere from .5" - 36"

My 0.10" brings my total up to 11" on the season also.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Fun but exhausting storm to track. Really sucks for much of Connecticut, especially the Valley. Now it's onto severe weather season

Just brutal, didn’t cash in on a single decent event this season. Incredibly frustrating 

• Sad 1

This storm capped off what I think has been the most frustrating season for me. Literally nothing went right. Most ratters are just ones you can see from a mile away. That big area of H5 blues in AK....you know it's over. 

But man, for a season that had potential and to come out with what will be at least top 2 or 3 ratters around here....it's brutal. I'm glad many of you at least cashed in on something, but I truly wish I could have 4 months of my life back. What an absolute waste. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This storm capped off what I think has been the most frustrating season for me. Literally nothing went right. Most ratters are just ones you can see from a mile away. That big area of H5 blues in AK....you know it's over. 

But man, for a season that had potential and to come out with what will be at least top 2 or 3 ratters around here....it's brutal. I'm glad many of you at least cashed in on something, but I truly wish I could have 4 months of my life back. What an absolute waste. 

So so true Scott. What a shitshow. 

For once I beat the other Northfield guys. Of course they measure every 24hr so there was melting and compaction, but being a couple hundred feet up above town may have helped. Had about 14” of new depth this morning when I snowblowed so I beat their totals regardless. Lots of elevation variation across the area and those who were 32° racked up a lot more over those who were 33°-34°. 
image.png