• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

Very hard to know exactly how much fell but I’m probably right around what Bryan got maybe slightly more because I think I was a head earlier in the day. What I can say is that in the fields I have anywhere from about 18 inches to about 27 inches. In the woods about 24 inches to 36 inches. Took my measuring stick with me on my morning walk and the depth change from the day before the storm till this morning looks to be around 12 inches a range of 11 to 14 actually. That probably supports about a 16 or so inch snowfall.

The snow on the trees was three standard deviations beyond anything we’ve seen here. Unbelievable that those birches can survive. The dog alternated between having an absolute blast and then sitting down and looking at me like I was crazy and she wanted to go back in the house. 

7093E36B-7853-4B62-9FCE-997092AB8BA7.jpeg

87E50764-26F9-4E7D-9529-179BD713FEF5.jpeg

E2B9FEFD-0BCB-4F33-9E83-2C729DE6F8DF.jpeg

• Like 6

My total was somewhere between 0.0 and 0.00, either way, well below the warning criteria that was issued.

Of all of the winter storms to produce worthless results this one was indeed the King Queen.  Queen Brenda was the one futile storm to rule all futile storms. The futility was so on-point with the rest of the season.  I actually shed a tear this morning as I looked back in delight, recalling how this storm slowly began to rage, ultimately building into a perfect crescendo of nothing.  At it's wet, white teasing peak this final blast of winter brilliantly failed me one last time.  And it did so in grand fashion...a wonderfully precise, in-tune orchestration of wind, and cold rain, ultimately ending as a fervor of white rain...again...one more time, kicking a beaten man while down. 

I don't think I will ever witness such a LeBron James type flop in my lifetime.   

I will admit, I was scared as I thought I would indeed limp up to 12" for the season (a mark that I have been trying to avoid).  The forecast called for anywhere from 4"-8", but lucky for me I stuck to my guns, and this goal was ultimately thwarted, and I am happy to report that I am still at 11" for the season. 

Congrats to those who received anywhere from .5" - 36"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, wxsniss said:

Decent bands rotating through Boston metro, but little on the ground to show for it. NWS call would have verified if it were 1-2F colder in BL.

This storm had a list of reasons it would disappoint in eastern SNE, but lack of antecedent cold or a cold source has gotta be at the very top. With the exception of that 2/23 snow, recurring theme all winter.

I had to drive my wife this morning for an appointment at the Brigham and it really is night and day from my neighborhood to yours.   As soon as we got to Jamaica Pond it barely looked like it snowed.  That band between 11 and midnight and a bit beyond was more intense than anything I’ve seen this season.   In Brookline Village walking around the old neighborhood and snow cover is minimal.   By the time we get back home probably around 11AM it probably will be heading that way but that 200 feet elevation made a huge difference yesterday albeit for a disappointing and worthless event for 128 on east.

25 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Drive home from work just now was interesting to see. Roads were wet, snowfall ended hours ago other than light mood snow.

Pretty much as soon as I got off my exit, the roads were covered and snow picked up.

Just got done shoveling my driveway, looks like an additional 3" feel since 9pm. ... but only here.

My son is heading to mount snow. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Dear lord Heavy Mt Slow snow is brutal 

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even back home in Holliston, we have about 3.5" on top of the hill here and literally half a mile away and 150-200 feet lower has a maybe an inch, if that.

Even at work here in Chelsea....just patches most area, but I work on top of about a 200' hill and there is a solid inch or two.

51 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Not sure when you flipped Ray, but we were getting some mangled flakes in the early pre-dawn hours, but it took a couple hours to finally flip to accumulating snow. Maybe somewhere in the 8:30AM time frame, snowed medium to heavy until early afternoon. I cleared 4" off the driveway twice of really heavy snow. Took a core off the picnic table and it had nearly 1.5" of LE. Got another 1/2" overnight, so I'd call it at 8.5" for the event total.

I flipped about the same time...you had about an inch more than I did, though...makes sense being further west.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

My total was somewhere between 0.0 and 0.00, either way, well below the warning criteria that was issued.

Of all of the winter storms to produce worthless results this one was indeed the King Queen.  Queen Brenda was the one futile storm to rule all futile storms. The futility was so on-point with the rest of the season.  I actually shed a tear this morning as I looked back in delight, recalling how this storm slowly began to rage, ultimately building into a perfect crescendo of nothing.  At it's wet, white teasing peak this final blast of winter brilliantly failed me one last time.  And it did so in grand fashion...a wonderfully precise, in-tune orchestration of wind, and cold rain, ultimately ending as a fervor of white rain...again...one more time, kicking a beaten man while down. 

I don't think I will ever witness such a LeBron James type flop in my lifetime.   

I will admit, I was scared as I thought I would indeed limp up to 12" for the season (a mark that I have been trying to avoid).  The forecast called for anywhere from 4"-8", but lucky for me I stuck to my guns, and this goal was ultimately thwarted, and I am happy to report that I am still at 11" for the season. 

Congrats to those who received anywhere from .5" - 36"

You CRUSHED me this season.

I finished the year with 6.6 LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It must be killing folks at Berkshire East not to be open today.  Their sister Mt Catamount is running at half capacity due to power outages on the NY side. 

Getting ready to hit Wa Wa.   Will probably be a mess.  Our son will be working the top of the summit lift from 3-10

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I beat NWS in the jackpot areas, like where you live...but they were better near the coast.

The NWS almost always will fall below the number on extreme snowfall, you just can’t walk it back once the horse is out of the barn. You rarely ever see an OKX 2015 kind of disaster forecast.

And in general we’re slow to ramp up to those extreme numbers as they are occurring. Like October 2011 and December 2020 in NH for us.

• Like 3