joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, 512high said:

Ray, good call by the way!

How about another one! Lets go!

I was dissapointed with my call close to the coast.....I wasn't wrong because of thermals, either....we just didn't get the big finale that was advertised, which is why from 495 points east came in several inches under my forecast. It actually flipped to snow earlier than I had thought, if anything.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

final tally in Methuen 5.5....considering the snowfall forecasts this was pretty much a bust for the Merrimack Valley area. 

Seasonal total: 35

Grade remains an F- for the winter.

7.5" here. 40.5" on the season....IDK, your numbers were higher than mine, last season.

Anyway, I give it a D.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was dissapointed with my call close to the coast.....I wasn't wrong because of thermals, either....we just didn't get the big finale that was advertised, which is why from 495 points east came in several inches under my forecast. It actually flipped to snow earlier than I had thought, if anything.

Not sure when you flipped Ray, but we were getting some mangled flakes in the early pre-dawn hours, but it took a couple hours to finally flip to accumulating snow. Maybe somewhere in the 8:30AM time frame, snowed medium to heavy until early afternoon. I cleared 4" off the driveway twice of really heavy snow. Took a core off the picnic table and it had nearly 1.5" of LE. Got another 1/2" overnight, so I'd call it at 8.5" for the event total.

51 minutes ago, 512high said:

God your hard on yourself, this was tough even at "game" time, there seemed to be a lot of uncertainty.....you did go in my book.

I obssess on the details...in the grande scheme of things, I identified this period back in early November and I did well highlighting the 30"+ in the jackpot areas...but feel like I kind of fumbled a bit on the 2 yardline..I should have known not to expect a big finish near the coast with parent mid level lows west...transfer was too late for that.

I will do a postmortem and learn from it.

• Like 2

Drive home from work just now was interesting to see. Roads were wet, snowfall ended hours ago other than light mood snow.

Pretty much as soon as I got off my exit, the roads were covered and snow picked up.

Just got done shoveling my driveway, looks like an additional 3" feel since 9pm. ... but only here.

My son is heading to mount snow. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Just now, MJO812 said:

40.5 inches and you are giving it a D?

I’m going C-/D with 42”

It’s  all relative to what your climo is.  
I also factor in how cold it was, pond ice, pack retention etc.  getting a big dog also would factor into my grade and we did not achieve that at my location for this storm.?