Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

11 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Apologies, that wasn't directed at you.  Just saw an alarming amount of deck driveway measurements today - way more than I'd expect from this forum.

Clearing can be difficult to be consistent with unless you're home, I do get that. 

Tuna, I don't ever report my measurements as official.  I just pay more attention than the average person.  I suppose I could try a board though, that'd be interesting.  I'm pretty confident I got 15-16 today  (even with my shoddy technique lol).  What a fun day!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

My coworker’s brother is in Marlow. I’ll try to find out what he got tomorrow.

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

They have so many more 2k spots than NH that are inhabitable or with Hotels 

i can’t find anything over 1300’ in S NH even in monads , nobody really lives there or it’s not some tourist spot 

I spoke to a personal training client that lives at 1100’ in Antrim NH where they got 30” and she said it looks like a war zone 

wish someone in Washington NH would have reported 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Just got to my place in Lempster at about 1,100' neighboring both aforementioned towns. Easily 30" just walked up the hill and shoveled my way in, going out to plow in a bit, will try to get some pics at first light. Still -SN

I usually come up from the Boston area through Washington but went I-89 into Sunapee which is my normal "storm route". Bigger/better maintained state roads through more civilization. HUGE increase in snowfall just from Newport, NH (about 600') south to my place in Rt 10 in Lempster at 1,100'. Washington usually has slightly more than my place and Im usually similar to Marlow.

• Like 4

Just now, SouthieWX said:

Currently getting moderate white rain along the Boston waterfront. From my vantage point it appears some slush is only just starting to accumulate on sidewalks. Roads are wet. 

And here I thought a conservative 2-4 call was right for Boston...looks like even that was optimistic.

7.5" final here (40.5" on the season). Positive depth maps were perfect.

Reason I was too high here was the backside just underwhelmed... had that came back for several hours like this AM, I would have been over a foot. Shame on me for going over a foot with marginal low levels and mid levels west. 

• Like 5

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

7.5" final here Positve deph maps were perfect.

Reason I was too high here was the backside just underwhelmed... had that came back for several hours like this AM, I would have been ovwe a foot. Shame on me for going over a foot with marginal low levels and mid levels west. 

Positive depth for Hunchies areas was 14 how is that perfect Berks 16 SVT 18?

• Confused 1

Decent bands rotating through Boston metro, but little on the ground to show for it. NWS call would have verified if it were 1-2F colder in BL.

This storm had a list of reasons it would disappoint in eastern SNE, but lack of antecedent cold or a cold source has gotta be at the very top. With the exception of that 2/23 snow, recurring theme all winter.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, the terrain anomaly is you are in a downslope valley in a marginal east flow event. Not a shock 

East flow often screws us here but not always.  It was painful watching downtown Greenfield, at low elevation get 2-3' more than me but I'm sure it was the big hills immediately to my N and W that did the downslope damage.  Give me SWFE's please.  lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Decent bands rotating through Boston metro, but little on the ground to show for it. NWS call would have verified if it were 1-2F colder in BL.

This storm had a list of reasons it would disappoint in eastern SNE, but lack of antecedent cold or a cold source has gotta be at the very top. With the exception of that 2/23 snow, recurring theme all winter.

It was already a top 1 to 3 storm for some high terrain posters, a cold source would have maybe made it a top 1-3 all time SNE storm across the forum.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CCHurricane said:

Any Boston peeps on to share how this band is performing?

I got caught walking in it.  Heaviest snow I’ve seen since the Jan 2022 blizzard.   Pushed me up to 2.4 and it’s not over but that will have to be my final.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1