Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We had shit rates. Even if it was 15 degrees, we wouldn’t have accumulated much either(1/4” maybe if it was cold and below freezing).  It just snowed to lightly…I mean spitting a few flakes and sleet pellets ok day, despite being in the solid snow echos most all day.  Just a Ridiculous POS! 

At least where I'm at there was moderate snow (white rain) on and off for a while after 1:30 PM or so... just a junk system down here. Nice hour around 9 AM or so and that's it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wut?

I tried to plow out at 7 am, got stuck. Then said screw it I'll work from home, got another 15" by the time I went out again. Now I'm stuck like a bastard at the top of my slippery seal coated driveway. Shoveled out the truck like 4 times already. It's an original gen tundra that overheats when you slam her around. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Whineminster said:

I tried to plow out at 7 am, got stuck. Then said screw it I'll work from home, got another 15" by the time I went out again. Now I'm stuck like a bastard at the top of my slippery seal coated driveway. Shoveled out the truck like 4 times already. It's an original gen tundra that overheats when you slam her around. 

Damn how much?

4 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

At least where I'm at there was moderate snow (white rain) on and off for a while after 1:30 PM or so... just a junk system down here. Nice hour around 9 AM or so and that's it.

Exactly.  

Right now is the best snow of the whole system…actually moderate snow at the moment  with some wind..it actually looks and feels like a real storm. 

28 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Do you live in winter hill? Is that in Worcester? 

Used to live there. My parents house. I had my own place down the hill about a mile away for a few years too before I was married. 

And yes, it’s on the northern edge of the city right near the holden line at about 900 feet elevation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Where's the wife? Get her to push while you gun it.

• Haha 1

Closing in on 5” and still pounding here. Temp below freezing for the first time all day and the fastest accumulation we’ve had … closing up shop for the night. Good storm everyone, awesome to go to Goshen and experience ground zero for CT today and also to see all the pics and reports of 30-40” up north! 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We had shit rates. Even if it was 15 degrees, we wouldn’t have accumulated much either(1/4” maybe if it was cold and below freezing).  It just snowed to lightly…I mean spitting a few flakes and sleet pellets all day, despite being in the solid snow echos most all day.  Just a Ridiculous POS! 

Thank God this winter already conditioned me to expect failure.

7 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Closing in on 5” and still pounding here. Temp below freezing for the first time all day and the fastest accumulation we’ve had … closing up shop for the night. Good storm everyone, awesome to go to Goshen and experience ground zero for CT today and also to see all the pics and reports of 30-40” up north! 

Wow, congrats dude!