Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, 512high said:

pit stop at shop measure 6" one area 6.5" another 33F, if someone from ASH already gave amount sorry

Keep it coming I'm not leaving my building to measure lol. Sounds about right though and absolutely dumping paste right now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing . Wet flakes. Nothing is coming . You can see the Dryslot isn’t collapsing 

I'm sorry, dude...I know I say I wish for it, but that blows when it actually happens. Hopefully next week works out...this just got its act together and captured too late for you. 

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Pretty brutal, but I did expect it down here. Thought your elevation could help you pick up a couple last night, I guess not?

Temperatures warmed all night. Still 34 now with nuisance flakes . Radar looks terrible for our little area.  Just watching others enjoying . What else can you do ?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing . Wet flakes. Nothing is coming . You can see the Dryslot isn’t collapsing 

You will be into some some later this afternoon once the slp out to the east starts to pivot back NNW as it takes over from the one over your head, I bet you still get 4"+ or so.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Temperatures warmed all night. Still 34 now with nuisance flakes . Radar looks terrible for our little area.  Just watching others enjoying . What else can you do ?

All we can do is hope everyone else maximizes today.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You will be into some some later this afternoon once the slp out to the east starts to pivot back NNW as it takes over from the one over your head, I bet you still get 4"+ or so.

Both the GFS and the latest HRRR basically slot us the entire rest of the storm save for maybe a couple hours

Getting updates from my wife's sister and family in Lunenburg - 16" and dumping, no power. My brother-in-law's John Deere can't handle the heavy wet snow on their sloped driveway. Roads are literally impassable so they're stuck anyway. Fortunately they have a wood-burning fireplace and relatively low-maintenance young kids. And at least it's not bitter cold.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it makes you feel any better, I could walk 20 minutes to where there is twice as much snow as mby.   :mellow:

I think the location of banding/Jacks has been really accurate for the most part. 

We are seeing far interior get crushed. I first mentioned this dry slot like four days ago. It's nearly spot on to what was forecast. 

Valley did better than expected. But I think BOX was just being conservative. 

Seemed evident that the mid level track was not great for Eastern portions of Connecticut during early stages. That verified too. 

Banding signal for this afternoon has there for a few days too. That's about the only thing you can still leave TBD right now. But models have stepped up the intensity of the band today. 

Not sure the concern. Condolidating slow 7h intensifying to out southeast. Doesn't get better than that for large portions of new england.

I think a fun few Hours ahead for those NW of New London-PVD-PYM. Temps are the only concern. I think dynamics overcome marginal bl for most.