Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

Just now, TalcottWx said:

It could get pretty awesome soon from RAY to ORH to Rt 2. Down to KEV and over to me, and much of CT. 

I'm pretty excited. Really confident. All the models show it.

Come back in about an hour if you are feeling dejected in those areas.....

Don’t see it here, still 42F. 

35 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Banding signal is very impressive. This is what got to me to go ahead and look at the 12z RAP. I think this is setting up very well even for the Connecticut Valley. 

image.thumb.png.de688720034f6e60abdaa5566c782c8a.png

So there may be a part 2 for us in Springfield? I had at least 4 inches before the slot....how much in your part of town?

2 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

It could get pretty awesome soon from RAY to ORH to Rt 2. Down to KEV and over to me, and much of CT. 

I'm pretty excited. Really confident. All the models show it.

Come back in about an hour if you are feeling dejected in those areas.....

Need to get temperatures down. Up to 35° here now and snow is melting faster than it is falling.  

11 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Dare I say....Morch sun angle?

I think those 5 min obs round differently too. Hourlies keep coming in at 33F. But man I wish we could shave a half degree. 

I've thought for a while MHT is running 1-2F warm with precip and it's proving it today.  There is no way it's 35F and pounding snow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunderblizzard said:

Brutal slot… snizzle at 34. Can see my 0.6” slowly melting.

I'm at work now in West Hartford. Same here with snizzle. Isn't it supposed to pick back up and fill back in soon or are we going to stay dry slotted all day?

Edit.... Now look at the radar. It seems like the hole is now starting to fill in more around the edges. My gut is within the hour. This hole will be filled in. We pray

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, I'm done after this one, Not sure i'll get another ride in or not, Will have to wait and see if the NW areas get something or grooming will cease and i'm not mogul riding with my back.

Club trail thru our woodlot looked nice and smooth on my walk yesterday.

Nothing doing here atm, echoes are traveling NNW instead of N or NE, thus passing to our west.  Unless that direction changes or the system moves farther NE, I smell a bust.  (However, GYX forecast for here has the majority falling after dark.)

5 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

I think those 5 min obs round differently too. Hourlies keep coming in at 33F. But man I wish we could shave a half degree. 

I've thought for a while MHT is running 1-2F warm with precip and it's proving it today.  There is no way it's 35F and pounding snow. 

sitting at 33 just across the river from the airport. looking at the wunderground temp map, MHT is 35 in a sea of 33 temps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Club trail thru our woodlot looked nice and smooth on my walk yesterday.

Nothing doing here atm, echoes are traveling NNW instead of N or NE, thus passing to our west.  Unless that direction changes or the system moves farther NE, I smell a bust.  (However, GYX forecast for here has the majority falling after dark.)

Its falling here, But with the weaker rates, Tough time accumulating, I'm sure after sunset it will change, But that's the issue with daytime this time of year, Unless its pounding with surface temps in the low 30's, Its tough to accumulate on the ground surfaces until you cool it off.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You might . Dryslot wont fill in here like Nam  shows . Comma head west and east . I’ve never had this happen here . Was not expecting this 

Pretty brutal, but I did expect it down here. Thought your elevation could help you pick up a couple last night, I guess not?