Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Prob not 70" in the last month, only a couple reports even near 50" since Feb 1 in the entire state of VT on Cocorahs. 

Obviously retention is great there and is it has been a decently snowy stretch.

Definitely more than 50. With the current storm total I have over 50” in the last 2-3 weeks. Pack is at 45” now. It’s definitely close to 70”. I’ve had two storms over 20” alone as well as several others that were warning 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I wonder if we see a dual band evolve...once that impacts southern VT down through western MA and western CT and one closer to the H7 which gets eastern CT (maybe subsidence in the valley?). 

I think east ct stays dry for a while as this slowly strengthens expands and then moves east this afternoon. Def west half of the state focused until early afternoon.  Hrrr gives an idea of the possible progression 

F5B8A8D0-D3BA-4E2F-BCD9-0494991152EE.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Definitely more than 50. With the current storm total I have over 50” in the last 2-3 weeks. Pack is at 45” now. It’s definitely close to 70”. I’ve had two storms over 20” alone as well as several others that were warning 

The way you were talking about it down there I thought it was hurting.  You kept saying the ski areas needed snow, lol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

December event?

3 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Ok, gotcha.  Didn't realize your were including this one on those numbers, then defintley over 50 since early Feb, agree.

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I think east ct stays dry for a while as this slowly strengthens expands and then moves east this afternoon. Def west half of the state focused until early afternoon.  Hrrr gives an idea of the possible progression 

That's a great zoomed in animation! That does paint it very well

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Thanks. Hope it’s right but by the time it cranks (if at all) my temps are probably going to be an issue. 

Western CT looks primed. Will get ugly out there today.