• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

I have to share one of the most rare and odd phenomenons I've seen. I live in a small town Plainville. I got the call at about 5:30 this morning. The schools are canceled. I went and looked outside and I saw that it was snowing mixed with rain and there wasn't really anything on the ground. I'm heading to work now. It is snowing now and starting to stick everywhere, however, the other half of town already had more snow on the ground. The rain snow line must have been on our town which is why they canceled school. They're never seen anything like that before in such a small town and it wasn't like it was a higher elevation. Anyway, it's snowing everywhere now and seems like it's going to be a snowy day

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah and it’s prob really notable down in ORH where the snow was really marginal for much of overnight. 

My brother had nada  1/2 inch of Apple sauce at 630am Downtown   , assuming he is competent but he said it was raining w a few sloppy flakes then 

he said it flipped back at 710

1 minute ago, wxmanmitch said:

22.1" as of 8 am, so it's probably 23" or higher now. Dumping heavy snow with occasional wind gusts to 25 or 30 mph. 27° F. Power out since around 3:30 am, but on backup. Internet still on for now anyway. Long way to go with this one too.

jfc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

My brother had nada  1/2 inch of Apple sauce at 630am Downtown   , assuming he is competent but he said it was raining w a few sloppy flakes then 

he said it flipped back at 710

12” as of 8:30

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

22.1" as of 8 am, so it's probably 23" or higher now. Dumping heavy snow with occasional wind gusts to 25 or 30 mph. 27° F. Power out since around 3:30 am, but on backup. Internet still on for now anyway. Long way to go with this one too.

with another 10"+ on the way? dang..

• Like 1

5” at 8:30.  Moderate snow but can’t quite break into the heavies.  

I’ll post pictures later because even after just 5 inches of snow I’ve never seen quite a scene like today in the woods. Even with prior ice storms. Every birches burnt to the ground and I imagine we’re gonna have a lot of lemons and even some trees down by tonight.

maybe as the system, develops or shifts we will get into some of that more intense banding, or maybe not, the models were definitely giving us less snow, in this part of Merrimack County